[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - SEO wise what's best... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

SEO wise what's best...

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

SEO wise what's best...

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:04 pm

1) creating a static site with WP, Seo wise what is the difference if i start adding pages on a regular basis to the Pages Section vs Posts Section any greater seo benefits over one over the other........

2) Can I add posts without having the comment feature on ....yes or no

3) What happens when I add pages to the pages section does WP notify the blog directories that a page was added, and is it the same when I add a post to the post section ( not sure how to refer to these 2 sections of WP the page and post areas of WP )

4) can I categorize the post section by specific topic areas

5) Long term strategy for working with wordpress, am I wasting my time if i never post to the post section and just add pages to the page section, or do I still benefit from WP somehow if so how heard that it still pings the blog directories even if I do not make posts or turn comments on right or wrong here?
edwinnyc

Postby dewaldp » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:09 pm

1) From an off-page SEO standpoint, posts are far more beneficial than pages. Posts go out on your RSS feeds, pages don't. Posts are picked up and indexed by Technorati, pages aren't.

2) Yes. Comments or no comments makes no material difference. If your posts would naturally attract a few comments, then that would add additional topical content to the post. However, the comment feature itself would not influence the SEO.

3) No, services are not pinged for new pages. Pages are the static part of the site.

4) Yes, you can use Categories and Tags to categorize your posts.

5) Depends on the content and purpose of your site. If the content is link-worthy, pages will attract links. Pinging is but one small element in SEO and is far from the top of most important factors.

Best regards,

Dewald
dewaldp

So dewald...

Postby edwinnyc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:47 am

Dewald thanks... you have helped me answer this question, but still unclear on something.

Can pages be categorized in any kind of way, when i create a page it becomes the title of the page even though i want another title for the page

What is your own opinion with approaching blogging 1st vs articles to attract traffic which in your own opinion would be best in getting traffic ASAP.

Must I make posts everyday, to maximize seo efforts here and traffic or once a week is enough.....

What questions would you ask your self regarding blogging vs articles and where should you put more of your time into to maximize time and that i should be should be asking myself as well....:>)

Thanks again...:>)

Thanks
edwinnyc

Re: So dewald...

Postby theuniek1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:15 pm

theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging