[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is this a "scraper" using my posts & what do I • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is this a "scraper" using my posts & what do I

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Is this a "scraper" using my posts & what do I

Postby lindastacy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:43 am

lindastacy

Postby dewaldp » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:07 am

I get a ton of those on my sites as well.

Best approach is to accept it as a cost of putting content on the web. I can't justify the effort to try and track the guy down, especially since it's not directly losing me any money.

Mark them all as spam. The motivation for posting that scraped content disappears when it doesn't generate enough live backlinks.

Best regards,

Dewald
dewaldp

Postby Mommyland » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:08 am

I honestly would just leave it alone think of it as a link to your site. I don't think There isn't much you can do about it I get them from at least 10 different sites. And I have looked at a lot of the blogs that have done this to me and usually its related to the post. So I just leave it

I guess you could in theory contact the blog owner and ask them to stop but others will start to it up. It would be a lot of work though.

I say just don't give them the link back and your set.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:40 pm

lindastacy

Postby allmylovecrafts » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:26 pm

I get hits from 2 news sites for some of my post that look like what you have posted.
I do get hits from them in fact I got 36 hits yesterday. They post just a small paragraph of my post & then link to my article.
Not sure if they are the same thing but, oh well, I figure there is nothing I am going to do unless I have problems.

Sheryl Loch
allmylovecrafts

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri May 16, 2008 2:03 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat May 17, 2008 10:40 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby lindastacy » Sat May 17, 2008 1:32 pm

lindastacy

Postby SteveJohnson » Mon May 19, 2008 8:54 am