[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - NEW Small Business Startup BLOG! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

NEW Small Business Startup BLOG!

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

NEW Small Business Startup BLOG!

Postby bizdev » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:42 pm

This blog is specifically for small business startups. Please check it out and give me some feedback.
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog/

My main website has also been revamped.

Please let me know what you think!
Last edited by bizdev on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
bizdev

Postby nar321 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:11 pm

I liked what I saw enough to Bookmark it. Great start, keep it up.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby bizdev » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:38 pm

bizdev

Postby JeanM » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Sylvia

I also bookmarked your blog too. I saw a lot of good information! Great job!

JeanM
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:14 pm

It looks great - it looks like a briefcase, I like that. Except in my hippiness, I'm gonna see it as pleather. Haha!

It seems you have a lot of good info to share, I'm curious why you haven't set up a blog until now.

Forbes is getting their business blog network filled up with great business bloggers. I bet you could fill that up with articles and get accepted into their network. (Totally uneducated guess, I don't know much about their network, just keep hearing about it on the web in the last week.) You can see an example of one of their newly accepted blogs here: http://bizmarktech.com/

Looks great, though - very helpful information!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby KansasDragon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 am

I think you're content is good.

But I really dislike your burnt orange at the top. I had a hard time pulling my eyes off of it, and getting down to the text. (Actually my first reaction was, close the window)

I prefer the color of your website header. It does not distract, or pull me away from the content of your page.
KansasDragon

Postby bizdev » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 am

JeanM thank you for bookmarking my blog!

LisaMarie love that tip! I will look into it asap. Why did I wait so long to set up the blog? I am so not tech savy. I had to wait on my web designer to add it to my main web site. Then I was off an running! It is so easy I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. And I love to write and I love my topic so this just a blast!

And all of your kind words are a terrific encouragement!

KansasDragon, I truly appreciate your blunt honesty. I was worried about the orange too, but I wanted something memorable. Hopefully it's not so distracting that I lose readers. Time will tell.

Thanks again everyone and keep those suggestions coming!
bizdev

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:36 am

Sylvia,

My only feedback is to have a header graphic prepared for this blog...

The header given with this template doesn't seem "clean enough" to me.

But other than that...nicely done! :)
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am

CorpRebel

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Yes, I have to agree with the majority here.
I bookmarked your site as well. It is good to see that you have different content information and resources than I do since we share the same market.
I am currently creating lesson plans geared for baby boomers and other newbies on various software applications; and how to start making money with them after set up.
If you would like to exchange links to benefit both our readers, just let me know.
Keep up the good work! I still believe even though there are alot of people out there trying to market to the same target audience, the more originality and helpul resources you can offer, as well as comfortable easy, enjoyable reading content; will be what makes the difference of whether or not these visitors come back to our sites for more.
mellymom3

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging