[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Blog Database Issue? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Blog Database Issue?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Blog Database Issue?

Postby CorpRebel » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:57 am

CorpRebel

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Rick,
In plain English, it was most likely a server issue. For whatever reason, WP couldn't actually connect to your DB server at that particular instant and it produced a warning. The second warning occurred because of the first.

For the most part, I wouldn't worry yourself over it too much unless it becomes habitual.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 pm

And yes, I'd definitely recommend you back up your database. The SQL file could always be repaired later if necessary; what's important is that you have your content saved somewhere safe and sound.

(By the way, I would recommend backing up regardless of whether or not you were experiencing any technical difficulties, too.)

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby robert adams » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:20 pm

absolutely , backup on a regular basis.

how often depends on how busy your blog is.

if you have lots of new posts daily, then backup daily. etc.

do not depend on the backup function( if any ) of WP, or of your hosting control panel.

the backup function in cpanel is basically worthless.

the best thing to do is use phpmyadmin or whatever your host provides for you. in that program, you simply find your database and click export and tell it where to save the backup.

there are ways to make this automated as well.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 pm

theuniek1

Postby robert adams » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:05 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:49 am

theuniek1

Postby robert adams » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Teli, I stand corrected. You are absolutely correct.
The last time I tried to use one of my cpanel's backup function, it did not work this way.

Admittedly, that has been a long time ago. (I have been doing this for a long time.)

So, I have not tried it since. I always do mine manually or setup cron jobs, etc.

The new versions of cpanel have a lot of different things than they used to have.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby edysby » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:26 pm

I have ever had the same problem as yours.

It happened when I was in wp admin area to edit the theme. I changed my wordpress theme. The issue come because of missing some plugin on my wordpress theme.

After I install some missing plugin, everything back to normal.

My suggestion :
Backup your wp database.
To solve your problem, ask your wp theme designer (maybe there are some missing plugins which required for your wp theme).
edysby
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging