[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adding An Opt-In Box To WordPress • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adding An Opt-In Box To WordPress

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Adding An Opt-In Box To WordPress

Postby gronesy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:11 am

gronesy

Postby nar321 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Go to www.codebanter.com for a wp plug-in that works with Aweber.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:18 am

gronesy

Postby nar321 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:02 pm

I have the code in several WP sites and its fine. I just added the HTML Code (not the Java script) to a Text box. Then adjusted the text boxes to 15 or 20 so it fits
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I agree that if your theme has widgets, it should be a simple matter if doing what the previous poster suggested.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:28 pm

I've opened the widgets tab in the WP admin area and I know what you're talking about.

My question is if I insert a text box do I have to rebuild the whole right sidebar from scratch.

That's the main reason I haven't used those yet is I thought if you stopped using the default that you had to work from scratch again.

I'll give it a go.
gronesy

Postby gronesy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 pm

I reconstructed the right sidebar and got the opt in box set up.

I'd like to get the old Search It! search box back but I'm assuming you either build it or take the default if you're not a programmer.

I'll need to clean it up a bit but at least I can capture names.

Thanks for your help.

nar321-I only mention the money aspect because I wanted people to know what price range I was operating in. I've gotten post replies where I wasn't clear and the suggestion was for a piece of software I couldn't afford.
gronesy

Postby nar321 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Glad to hear that things are working.I accept your money explanation but suggest that you could have conveyed the same thought using different words. No big deal, Blog on
nar321
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:06 pm

nar321,

I totally understand what you were saying, though.

I've seen posts where they get so caught up in the sob story about money that there's no room for a question.

That would be the last thing I would want to do.

Thanks for writing back.

You blog on with your bad self too!!!

Jeff
gronesy

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:48 pm

theuniek1

Postby gronesy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 am

Thanks, Teli.

I will definitely hold on to this post.

Jeff
gronesy

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging