[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Do You Get Everything On Each Post? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Do You Get Everything On Each Post?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

How Do You Get Everything On Each Post?

Postby gronesy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:38 pm

As we add features to our blogs, we find that we now have adsense, technorati tags, a MORE marker and other things that need to be added to every post.

I've been copying and pasting and I'm sure there's a better way.

Can I just add these features to my single.php file and fix them as need be? Or what am I missing? This will take too long the way it is.
gronesy

Postby Mommyland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Add it to the bottom of the Single post and/or page file
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 am

I went to Presentation>>>Theme Editor>>>Single Post and added both the Adsense and Technorati tags code at the bottom.

When I go to write a post I don't see either of these under the code section which means I can't change the Technorati tags and don't think the Adsense code is working either.

Am I doing something wrong?
gronesy

Postby ChristyK » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:55 pm

If you use wp version 2.3+ there is a tagging field built into the editor. Otherwise, you can use headspace2. With it, you can designate global tags or add them for each post (again, I field will be added into the editor so you just enter the keywords for each post).

There are various ways to add adsense and many plugins. If you put it directly into your Single Post code then you will need it to go before or after the post content. If you use something like Adsense Deluxe, you can place it wherever you want. As I mentioned, there are a lot of plugins for adding adsense automatically and you can search through them at http://wp-plugins.net

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby gronesy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:05 pm

I am using WP 2.3.2 which has the built-in tag field but that doesn't send tags directly to Technorati like the SimpleTag plugin does.

I also use the Adsense, Akismet, FeedBurner, WP-Upgrade, Plug-in upgrade and Redirection plugins.

I'm able to go to the code edtior and add the Adsense easily but the Technorati tags need to be entered manually.

I understand that publishing the post sends the pings where they need to be but I noticed that Lynn uses the SimpleTags plugin for the Technorati tags as well.
gronesy

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:38 pm

I also use the SimpleTags plugin for some of my older blogs, but I must say I appreciate the new tagging that's been incorporated into WP 2.3.x -- as for having to always create the page break, you don't need to -- there's a plugin to handle that as well. :)

It's called and it will add the "read more" tag after the first one or two paragraphs depending on how long the post is and your settings.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby gronesy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:02 am

I use SimpleTags as well.

Does the tags feature of the newer WP make it unnecessary to put Technorati Tags in as well?

I thought the Technorati tags got sent directly to Technorati or something like that.

Newbie, you know.

And I might as well ask while you're around...I still can't get the Feedburner FeedFlare code to put the icons to send to digg, stumble, etc. to work. I got code from Lynn last week, placed it and waited 3 days because she said it takes a while sometimes. I also checked that I turned the FeedFlare service on in FB. Any ideas?

I turned the ShareThis back on for now but had it off while I was waiting on the FF code to take.
gronesy

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging