[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Feedburner Code Insertion Problem • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Feedburner Code Insertion Problem

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Feedburner Code Insertion Problem

Postby gronesy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 am

I'm using Teli's Feedburner guide and I've run into a bit of a snag.

Using the instructions FB gives you for inserting code I can't find the exact place to put it. I'm not HTML sharp yet.

I would appreciate two things:

1. Look at this code for my Main Index page and tell me what's wrong with the insertion point.

2. Help me locate the similar place in m Single Post page so it appears in the archived pages as well.

Here's the code:

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="content_box">

<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/l_sidebar.php'); ?>

<div id="content" class="posts">

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<h2><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
<h4><?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?><!-- by <?php the_author() ?> --> &middot; <?php comments_popup_link('No Comments', '1 Comment', '% Comments'); ?></h4>
<div class="entry">
<?php the_content('[Read more &rarr;]'); ?>
</div>
<script src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~s/OnlineFromScratch?i=<?php the_permalink() ?>" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<p class="tagged"><span class="add_comment"><?php comments_popup_link('&rarr; No Comments', '&rarr; 1 Comment', '&rarr; % Comments'); ?></span><strong>Tags:</strong> <?php the_category(' &middot; ') ?></p>
<div class="clear"></div>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/navigation.php'); ?>

<?php else : ?>

<h2 class="page_header center">Not Found</h2>
<div class="entry">
<p class="center">Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.</p>
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . "/searchform.php"); ?>
</div>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/r_sidebar.php'); ?>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Thank you for your help,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby gronesy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Has anyone gotten a chance to look at this and have any suggestions?

I can't find squat on the Feedburner site except to submit it to them which I'm sure would take a while to get an answer.
gronesy

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Jeff,
The question is where do you want to put it? Or more specifically, where on the post page do you want the feedburner code to appear. (On another note, what code are you referring to? The cute little box like that in your sig or the link to your FeedBurner RSS feed?)

Once you answer those questions, then it will be easier to tell you where the code should go. :)

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby gronesy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:24 am

Teli,

I've got the RSS pointing to Feedburner so that works fine.

The code I'm talking about is for the sharing functionality at the bottom of posts. I had been using ShareThis but I thought the FB code was simpler with fewer selections for readers to choos from.

After I couldn't get the sharing buttons to appear for 3 days, I've gone back to ShareThis plugin.

Is one of those sharing things any better than the other to you?

Jeff
gronesy

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging