[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - custom permalink • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

custom permalink

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

custom permalink

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:35 pm

I just finished listening to Lynn's webinar on blogging and am trying to do a custom permalink, but nothing happens. Could someone write the code Lynn mentioned to use since I can't tell whether I need spaces or hyphens, etc?

I want to change my blog so that it doesn't show the dates anymore. When I use that permalink, will it delete the dates from the archives on my sidebar too, or do I need to do something else as well?

thanks all.

p.s. those webinars are amazing :D
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:27 pm

I Believe that everything changes you don't need to change anything else in terms of side bar or anything like that.
I changed my permalink to /%category%/%postname% and everything else does it on its own. nothing is lost or deleted.

make sure you chmod your htaccess file. that way the change can happen in the back end of things. It kept not doing it then I figured it out.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:57 pm

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:40 pm

Thanks for making it clearer Tamara, although I already did something else.

I saw another post about going to the php files and deleting the dates there. It worked well, although for some reason on my canadianwelcome.ca site now, the categories for the post are crowding the title of the post :(

I guess that's how it goes when you're learning - fix one thing and another pops up (at least I'm learning a little about coding through all this.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging