[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 404 errors on WP Archives • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

404 errors on WP Archives

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

404 errors on WP Archives

Postby gronesy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:27 pm

Hello,

I'm going through the 10 minute video series and have created my first WP blog and posted to it.

The problem I have is both the sidebar "Visit the Archives" link as well as the top navigation "Archives" link bring up a 404 error.

I've used the %postname% variable in the permalinks section.

What am I doing wrong or how do I update these links?

Thanks,

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi Jeff,

Which theme are you using, and can you give us a link?

If its presscut or cutline (theme), see this:
http://www.clicknewz.com/750/presscut-t ... hives-fix/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Fixing the Cutline 404 Error

Postby gronesy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi Lynn,

I'm using the Cutline theme and I followed your advice about enabling the Archives page but when I went to edit the Archive page it wasn't in the Manage window. So I added an Archives page but it still doesn't work right.

Here is the URL:

http://www.senjomarketing.com/blog

I'm using this as a sandbox to learn how to slap these babies up when I need to. I'll eventually get a domain for it and then we can work on all the SEO stuff. Sheesh!

Let me know what I'm doing wrong. Make sure to click on all Archives links. They're not connected and don't function correctly.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi Jeff, I had that problem too and found my solution here:

http://cutline.tubetorial.com/creating- ... out-pages/

Not sure if that helps you?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby gronesy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:49 pm

Lynn,

Did you click on the Archives link at the top or the Visit archives link on the right?

It brings up a page I created after I got a 404 message which appears to be nothing more than a blank page called Archives but not actually the archives.

How do I get these things to agree? How do I get my archives page to display the archives?

It looks like the December 2007 archive is in senjomarketing.com/blog/2007/12 and the other two point to senjomarketing.com/blog/archives

How do I get these to point to the same place where the actual archives reside?

Hope this makes sense to you because I understand filenames and locations and aliases and I can't make the changes I want to in the WP-Admin.

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby gronesy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:21 pm

I went through both parts of those directions.

The first about enabling the archives did work but I think I may have a permalink problem because I changed it after I made my first post.

Do you use the /%postname%/ custom permalink?

I started with that and changed to the month & date one so see if I could get both of my archives links to point to the same thing.

I have about 2 hours into this so far and I'm considering uninstalling and re-installing, checking the links and going forward.

But I hate to give up even 2 hours of my time right now considering the crunch I'm under.

Maybe somebody else will respond with a fix.

BTW, I did read the posts on the developers site for Cutline and it didn't address this problem either.
gronesy

I Did It!! Fixed the WP Archive Problem

Postby gronesy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Not one to give up easily...

I deleted the archive page I had created originally but kept the Enable Archive page in Cutline checked in the Cutline Options of the Presentation tab.

Then I created a page called Archives but this time I went to the Page Type drop-down menu in the right hand side of the page creation windo and selected the Archive page type.

I saved and published it and now I have an Archive page with archives arranged by month and category-YEAH.

Hope this helps anybody else that had this problem.
gronesy

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:25 am

There ya go! That's what I went through too - I created one myself, and that didnt work - until I followed those directions for creating one through the theme. Glad you got it working, and sorry I wasnt more help. Its been awhile since I did that fix.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging