[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - OH help. Not sure where to Post.... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

OH help. Not sure where to Post....

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

OH help. Not sure where to Post....

Postby jacquelynrose » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:25 am

I moved

to WordPress...and now its all screwed up :(

I think I may have done it backwards somehow...

But I purchased the domain from Yahoo - jackiesbizblog.com, changed the DNS servers to HostGator...

I addon the domain in HostGator and I got jackiesbizblog.jackiescruisetips.com and I get my wordpress

but when I go to jackiezbizblog.com I get some random page...

What did I do Wrong? :shock: :( :cry:
jacquelynrose

Postby LaneLester » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 am

That looks to me like you created a subdomain, rather than an addon domain. Check your cPanel.

Lane
LaneLester

Postby Stacie Bennett » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:13 am

Jackie,

Ok, first off when you addon a domain, it is created as a subdomain of your main domain in your file structure so that is right.

Not seeing behind the scenes, I'm only taking a guess. If you go to your WordPress admin, then to Options, then to General. You will want to find the lines that say WordPress address and blog address. Make sure that the URL in both sections is your new URL 'jackiesbizblog.com'. This should take care of the problem.

If this isn't the problem, post back and we can try something else, lol. :wink:
Stacie Bennett
Elite Member

Postby LaneLester » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:48 am

LaneLester

Postby Stacie Bennett » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:39 am

Oh Lane, I am so sorry! I was in a hurry when I posted that, before I headed out the door to take kids to school. I did not mean to sound so smart alecky. Now that I read it again, I came off a bit wrong. I'm so sorry.

You will have to tell me more about Hosting Zoom, sounds interesting!
Stacie Bennett
Elite Member

Postby LaneLester » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:13 am

Gaaack! Online communication just ain't the same as face-to-face. Even the smilies don't make up the difference. I was not at all offended by your post, Stacie. I was just admitting my own ignorance. :)

People tend to have love affairs with their hosting services, as with operating systems, word processors, etc. So I don't push my faves... unless I have an affiliate link, which I don't have for this company. :)

I got onto (branch of Hosting Zoom) early on in my IM attempts (I won't call it a career since I've spent more than I've made). For a long time I've had two accounts with them, giving me two different-C-class servers for my sites. Theoretically, that allows me to link from a site on one server to one on the other server without seeming to Google like I'm a self-serving (!) site builder. The cheapest accounts have served me so far, and you can upgrade/downgrade without penalty.

Just this past month they upped the cheapest package from $4.95 to $6.95. I see they also reduced the maximum number of domains from 50 to 20. Maybe it's still a good deal. I like having my domains truly separate and not just addons.

Lane
LaneLester

Postby bs28723 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:23 pm

bs28723

Postby jacquelynrose » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:20 am

First, Thank you all for the replies. I really appreciate it. :)

What I am trying to do...Sorry I did not explain before....

Is Host another WordPress Blog on my HostGator...

Separate from JackiesCruiseTips....something completely different.
jacquelynrose

Postby bs28723 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Jackie,
I did some nslookups on your two domains, and I still don't think the yahoo domain server part is setup correctly. Go into yahoo and change your domain servers to ns649.hostgator.com and ns650.hostgator.com Delete any others that are listed.

You should be able to do a whois on jackiesbizblog.com usually in 20 min and it should be correct, but it will take 24-48 hours for all the info to propogate out to all the other ISPs.

Set up your domain as an add-on in your hostgator cpanel and you should be good to go.

If you still have problems, send me an email and I will be glad to help you.
bs28723

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging