[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help with Plug In Install! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help with Plug In Install!

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Need help with Plug In Install!

Postby Karen Chrisman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby webturtle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Karen,

Are you still stuck with this? Usually its a matter of downloading the plug in, ftp'ing it to the correct folder on your server, and then activating it via the control panel in Word Press. How far did you get and where did you get stuck?

Eileen
webturtle

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi Eileen,

I'm stuck on how to get it in to the plug in folder. I have coreFTP but can't seem to access through there. I can get to the wp-content/plugins. Do I need to create a new folder for the plugin?
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby webturtle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 pm

If you have firefox, install the fireftp plug in - it works great! I'm not familiar with Coreftp. But if you can navigate to the plugin's directory on the remote server, and have the plug in on your local server, it should be in it's own folder, and you want to move that whole folder over into the plug in's folder on the remote server. You shouldn't need to create a new folder specifically - just move the whole thing over. And then it should be availble to activate in Word Press.

I hope that helps
webturtle

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:38 pm

I tried moving it by clicking and holding to move it over. I got a page show up instead with writing on it.
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Do I click on the folder or the word: plugins? Then do I go to edit or just move the file over?
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:48 pm

I'm looking at mu plugin folder /wp-content/plugins/. There is an option to create a new folder. Is that what I do? Sorry if I have so many questions. This is my first time doing this.
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 pm

I have a zip file. Do I unzip and extract the php?
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:19 pm

that may be a good idea since you need the file inside of the zip file
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:26 pm

I got the plugin loaded and activated. Now the subscribe check box is not showing.
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:08 pm

did you go to Options>subscribe to comments> and fill all of that out?
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Karen Chrisman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:17 pm

I tried, but not sure what needs to be there. What I did didn't add the checkbox.
Karen Chrisman
Elite Member

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging