[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Comments on Blog please? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Comments on Blog please?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Comments on Blog please?

Postby jacquelynrose » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:51 am

What can I do to make it better? I know I need to Post...I also need idea topics for my Blog...

jacquelynrose

Postby oregongal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 am

Hi,

I took a look at your blog and I like the fact that you are thorough in your blogs and they have a lot of information. You come across as very knowledgeable in the area you are writing about.

Suggestions:
1.I think some pictures would make it more visually appealing and create some interest.
2. You might consider breaking up some of your articles into shorter blog posts to make easier to read and hold people's interest.
3. I would try using bullets or numbers and making lists out of some of your points -kind of like I'm doing here.
4. You might go for some eye catching titles for some of your posts: Like 10 tips to ....

Those are a few things that jumped out at me. Keep up with the good content and good luck.
Diane
oregongal

Postby andyls » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:00 am

I'm going to leave it to others to talk about strategy, link-building, etc. ... I just have a few practical suggestions about technical issues I see:

- All your header navigation is giving me a 404 error (About, Links, & Contact)

- You've got some odd line breaks happening in several of your posts, including this one: http://www.jackiescruisetips.com/?p=12

- You should change your Permalink Structure to include the blog title. Lynn discussed that during her webinar last Tuesday ... perhaps that info is available somewhere via this forum? Anyone got a link to that? If not, there's some ideas about it here: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo- ... ture/4556/

Lynn's suggestion was to set it like this: /%post_id%/%postname%/ but there are other ways of doing it too. Read the article & comments there for more ideas.

- A couple of the articles at the bottom of the front page are all in bold ... looks a bit odd.

Hope these suggestions help. The blog theme is very nice, with a nice header image.
andyls

Postby bs28723 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:11 pm

bs28723

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:11 am

CorpRebel

Postby Mommyland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:39 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby jacquelynrose » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:34 am

Thank you all for the tips. :D

I actually just changed the theme...tell me what you think? :D
jacquelynrose

Postby TheDivaLady » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:12 pm

I like your header. Is there a way for you to add a title to it?

You should also change your permalinks to be based on the title of your post. This will help with SEO and getting traffic from search engines.

Here is how if you are using wordpress.

-Options
-Permalinks
-Date & Name Based
-Update Permalink Structure

Your URL's will be updated and it won't mess up your content.
TheDivaLady

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging