[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - StaticBlogging Product Question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

StaticBlogging Product Question

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

StaticBlogging Product Question

Postby wahmjennie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:57 pm

wahmjennie

Postby LaneLester » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:20 am

LaneLester

Postby Stacie Bennett » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:57 am

Can WP be used as an article directory? I think it can be, but Static Blogging is not going to teach you to do this. Our main goal is to give a person a quick and easy way of setting up a website that has all the benefits of a blog.

I think it could probably be done, and would be interesting to see.

There are some plugins that were made to set the roles of users and I think they could allow you to do this. One of which is .

Follow the link that Lane gave it has some really excellent information on the roles of users.
Stacie Bennett
Elite Member

Postby wahmjennie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Thanks Stacie, Lane,

I'll check out your links. I was thinking wordpress so I could get all of the advantages of a blog and an article directory...

I'll have to look into it though! it may be more difficult than I am ready to take on right now...

I do have a few more questions about static blogging...

I am considering starting an affiliate website in a niche and would like to use the static blogging for this, but will it teach me how to import data feeds from my affiliate program onto the wordpress blog/website?

thanks!
wahmjennie

Postby LaneLester » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:30 am

Lynn had a recommendation of a script to provide data feeds, but the price was too much for me (>$100) since I don't have a use in mind yet. Here's the info I saved about it for when I'm ready to consider it again:

http://www.wordpressdatafeedimport.com/wpdfi/
The WordPress Datafeed Import Affiliate Marketing Script
Quickly And Easily Build Your Affiliate Empire Using Datafeeds And WordPress!

I don't think there's anything in the SB package to teach you how to provide these feeds.
LaneLester

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:04 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:36 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby LaneLester » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:58 pm

LaneLester

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ChristyK » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:36 am

ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby LaneLester » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:44 pm

I installed the trial version of the WordPress Datafeed Import Affiliate Marketing Script on a site that doesn't matter (I have too many of them!). Although the test datafeed file worked OK, mine did not. I have an email to the developer in hopes of finding a solution.

I was a bit disappointed to learn that the script supports only WP 2.2.x, while the current WP is 2.3.1.

Lane
LaneLester

Postby Stacie Bennett » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Lane,

I have used this script on many occasions. The one thing you have to know, is you must do some formatting to the raw datafeed. I know the one I always forget, that will make the script not work every time, is you have to open it in a plain text editor (I prefer to use Notepad++). Then you have to remove the quotation marks (" ") from around your column titles. I mention this because I have several times forgot this myself :oops:

It is really a great script once you learn the nuances of formating the datafeed. :)
Stacie Bennett
Elite Member

Postby LaneLester » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:18 pm

LaneLester

Postby Stacie Bennett » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 am

Lane,

I'm sorry, I've never seen that one before. Looking over what you have there I'm not seeing anything jump out at me that looks wrong. I'm not sure what the problem is. But if you sent an email to Teli, she is real good about customer service.

Sorry I wasn't more help.
Stacie Bennett
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 pm

theuniek1

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging