This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Error when posting

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Error when posting

Postby eebee » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:22 am

I have a new Blog and for some reason it is not working. Before I delete it and start again can anyone tell me what is going wrong here and if I can do anything to fix it? I am using a template I have used before without any problems. This is what happens when I publish:

WordPress database error: [Table 'liz090_wordpress.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID

WordPress database error: [Table 'liz090_wordpress.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT cat_ID AS ID, MAX(post_modified) AS last_mod FROM `wp_posts` p LEFT JOIN `wp_post2cat` pc ON p.ID = pc.post_id LEFT JOIN `wp_categories` c ON pc.category_id = c.cat_ID WHERE post_status = 'publish' GROUP BY cat_ID

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/liz090/public_html/bedding/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/liz090/public_html/bedding/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 391

I have no idea what it all means.

Liz
eebee
Elite Member

Ok I may be able to help

Postby kowhai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:44 pm

I was having the very same problems, drove me nuts. I was installing version 2.2.2 which I have always used however it has been updated and it has the very same errors as well. In desperation I went to the wordpress site and looked in the archived version. I downloaded a good version of 2.2.2, upzipped it my hard drive and then ftp it to my server. made the changes to the wp-config.sample.php and saved it as wp-config.php and uploaded that to the server. Wow all problems fixed. You might like to try that.

If you are not sure how to do all that let me know.

Anthony
kowhai

Postby eebee » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:54 pm

The version I used is the newest stable version of WP 2.3.1. I just discovered that the WP support forums have a list of plugins and themes that are compatible with 2.3 so I think I will play around with that first. ie change theme and see what happens, disable plugins ditto.
eebee
Elite Member

Yes I just found that some plugins will give you that error

Postby kowhai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:34 pm

My new blog just started to do it again. until I deactivated the plug ins and then activated each one until I got an error, deactivated that one and it seems to be ok now. Lets hope

Anthony
kowhai

Postby eebee » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Yes I am still having problems. I deactivated all my plugins. I now find I can upload some themes but others give that same error message. I am going to WP support forums to see if there is an answer there.
eebee
Elite Member

yes I have done that also

Postby kowhai » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 am

I have checked out the WP support forums, only to find there are dozens of people there with the same problem. I am at a loss to know what to do. As I said my 2.2.2 version is now running flawlessly apart from links in and article not appearing as links, even if I paste straight into the code tab.

Anthony
kowhai

Postby eebee » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:14 am

Is it a new blog? If it is new why not just delete and start again. I had to do that recently with another blog of mine that had errors with the database. Many other people also had the same error and there seemed to be no answers on the forum. I ditched it and reinstalled and that solved it.

But there are experts like Teli here so maybe she will give you a better solution.
eebee
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging