[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Blogging on GoDaddy site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Blogging on GoDaddy site

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Blogging on GoDaddy site

Postby LarryC » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm

I have a domain registered with GoDaddy and I'm using their sitebuilder, Websitetonite but I can't seem to install Wordpress from there. I find their whole site rather confusing to navigate -they have hundreds of categories and subcategories to click on. In their help section, it says you can install Wordpress if you have a site hosted with them. I was wondering if anyone familiar with their site could give me advice on this or tell me if I might be better off using a different hosting service for my web site and set up Wordpress there. I use a Macintosh, I'm not sure if that makes any difference for this.
LarryC

Postby robert adams » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:00 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby LarryC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:04 pm

LarryC

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:26 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby LarryC » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:05 pm

Yes, I may do that. The reply from GoDaddy at least clarified it -their sitebuilder, which does not allow Wordpress, is a completely separate account. I never found it that user-friendly anyway, so I just cancelled it. Now I can either register a regular hosting plan with them or find another hosting service. Thanks for the replies.
LarryC

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 am

A lot of us use HostGator, which offers a one-click install of WordPress and also allows you to host unlimited domains/sites/blogs on the one account for under $10/month. If that interests you, I have a coupon code that will give you the first month free (or actually for one penny):

http://www.clicknewz.com/995/hostgator- ... r-a-penny/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LarryC » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Lynn, Thanks, I used the coupon and have already set up Wordpress. It really was very easy, considering I've never used it before. I think this is probably the easiest way to have a web site you can frequently update. Especially as I have a couple of other domains that I can also set up blogs on.
LarryC

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:20 pm

Great! Yes, I have found them very easy to work with also. Their support is great too if you ever need it. You can just go to their website and use the online support.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging