[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How can I have multiple blogs with wordpress • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How can I have multiple blogs with wordpress

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

How can I have multiple blogs with wordpress

Postby kowhai » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:57 pm

The question I have now, is it possible to add another blog of a different nature to wordpress. Of course it will have a different address.

I would value your comments on this

Anthony
This what my friend Chris Boaze has to say in a PM to me, I have his permission to re-quote him here

"Hi Anthony,

I appreciate that, here is my advice and opinion on the situation.

I have looked and researched on having multiple-blogs with wordpress and have found much of nothing. I personally have never used wordpress for multiple blogs but would love to. , I know b2evolution.net offers a software just like wordpress (I have used it, it is what I used all the time until I got programming wordpress, I love it). now, there software has the one thing that hurt me, comment validation and rss sendication.

I would have to reprogram every blog built with it, and I had to do
some work on my last blog project,: http://www.msmediablog.com
making it work out perfect. But I found a way with wordpress,
just takes some re-programming.

As for this item, having multiple blogs on the same domain of course, and managing them both or all with one software sysem with 1 database., b2evolution does this, I would have to dissect b2evolutions coding to making it support mulitple, and apply it to wordpres. Major work, so it would have to be worth it.

I would suggest if you really want mulitple blogs go with b2evolutions, and get it re-built more secure, they are missing a few important elements.

I do hope this helps!, feel free to post your question to the board,
see what others say towards my response, even. I give you permission if needed.

kowhai

Re: How can I have multiple blogs with wordpress

Postby LaneLester » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

LaneLester

Many thanks for that

Postby kowhai » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:47 pm

I too have WP blogs on different domains that workd very well..

I will try what you suggest on the one domain

Anthony
kowhai

Postby SteveJohnson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:58 am

SteveJohnson

many thanks for that

Postby kowhai » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:18 pm

That is a great help, it is nice to have more than one blog

thanks

Anthony

\
kowhai