[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - problem with wordpress installation • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

problem with wordpress installation

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

problem with wordpress installation

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:46 pm

kowhai

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 pm

Hi Anthony,
The error means that the database you're trying to use either wasn't properly created, or there's some problem with your host's MySQL server.

First things first, log into your cPanel, click on MySQL (sometimes listed as Databases) and in the list that appears, make sure there's a database called kowhai_wrdp1 and make sure that it has your database user associated with it.

If the database exists and the user exists but it's not associated with the database, add it. Otherwise, if the database doesn't exist, it means there was an error somewhere in the installation process. You could try to do the one click installation again, but I'd recommend manually installing WP yourself.

It's not difficult and doesn't take very long. If you need help with the process, I've done a free .

~ Teli
theuniek1

I have had a look

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 pm

The datsbase is there, I have added kowhai as the username, but still no luck

I guess I might try the manual installation
kowhai

I have found

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm

on closer inspection the database is empty. my PHPadmin told me there was no tables is this correct
kowhai

Re: I have found

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 pm

theuniek1

I am very sorry to be a bother

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:13 pm

kowhai

Postby robert adams » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:09 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Thanks for that

Postby kowhai » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:26 am

kowhai

I have it running now

Postby kowhai » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:30 am

Last edited by kowhai on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kowhai

Postby robert adams » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm

did you change any of the file permissions on the files when you installed it?

other than the ones it told you to?

check that file and see what the permissions are.

they should be set to 644 read/write--read--read
rw--r--r

that is what all of the the php files should be set at.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Thanks for that

Postby kowhai » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:29 pm

kowhai

Re: Thanks for that

Postby robert adams » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:56 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Yes I understand that

Postby kowhai » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:19 pm

In fact I have had it running before on this very same server, I will ring the host people tomorrow. I will keep trying till I get something or I talk to the host folks tomorrow, It is sunday here so tomorrow they will be open,

Many thanbks for your time Robert
kowhai

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging