[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to make a post "sticky" so it's always on top? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to make a post "sticky" so it's always on top?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

How to make a post "sticky" so it's always on top?

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:48 am

Using WordPress - how do I make content static so that post stays on "top" in the first page of my WordPress blog?

I don't want it be pushed down as I create new posts.

So it would always on top before the latest post.

Thanks!
Alan
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 am

With a plugin, of course. :)

(Save the content into a file called adhesive.php and upload/activate like any other plugin.)

Unfortunately, Owen stopped developing the plugin (I think) because he's moved from helping with the WP project to working on a fork called Habari.

So, as of this writing, it appears the plugin stopped at WP 2.0.x; it may, however, still work with versions up -- but you can't say you haven't been warned.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:45 am

And, there's another way of accomplishing something similar, but it involves creating a custom template and adding the code for the single post you want to appear at the top to it.

If you'd like that method, then let me know and I'll see what I can do to create a quick tutorial.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:53 am

Oh, just found another one that seems to be an update to the original Adhesive plugin.

-- looks very interesting indeed. It has sticky posts and announcement posts. Sticky posts will only be the top post of all posts made on the same day, while announcement posts will stay at the top of the blog.

Hope it all helps.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:02 am

I tried WP-Sticky and it worked like a charm! :D

Thanks Teli, you're the best!
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby tigrs84 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:15 am

tigrs84

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:31 am

theuniek1

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:00 pm

Nice thread ...

Interesting, never thought about making a post stay at top.

Thanx for the info Teli!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Re: How to make a post "sticky" so it's always on

Postby Surfbay » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:31 am

Surfbay

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Sorry but I don't know much about blogger. But I don't think you can use plugins with blogger so I doubt it. I might be wrong. I'm sure someone who knows blogger will respond soon.

That's one of the huge benefits of WordPress so those awesome plugins developed by thousands of folks almost all of them free.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:49 pm

I'm fairly certain there's no such feature in Blogger, David. The only way I would know of being able to do anything similar would be to manually write the information you want to appear up top in the actual Blogger template.

Of course, I'm not a Blogger aficionado. I'd recommend checking in the help section of Blogger or sending in a message to the .

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging