[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Can blogger be downloaded? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Can blogger be downloaded?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Can blogger be downloaded?

Postby Learning » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 am

Hi everybody,
I am new here. I’ve been reading a lot lately and have learned so much form you all. :D
I have a non profit blog on blogger. I’ve read that if I want to earn anything from my blog I should download a wordpress and have my own domain name, etc. I really love how easy it is to do what I want on blogger. Wordpress is ( to me ) a bit more difficult. Is there anywhere where we can download blogger and upload it to a server instead of wordpress? I prefer the themes on blogger and the way to manage certain things- it just seems easier.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:43 pm

there are many blogger programs out there.

wordpress is a huge one and may take a bit of time to get the hang of it.

however, it is probably the best one and is certainly supported well. and hey, the price is right!!

there are hundreds of themes/styles available for it.

you can edit it to look any way you want.

I have no idea if you can move your blog from blogger to your own setup.

I found a lot of info about how to host it on your own server, but I believe that the database remains with them. You would have to ask them how this is done.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

downloading blogger

Postby Learning » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi Robert!
Thanks for answering me :D
I totally agree with you in the fact that wordpress is much better than blogger. The whole thing is that I like the way that blogger looks. I don't know how to make a wordpress blog look exactly how I want it to whereas with blogger I do.
I guess the whole thing is the editing wordpress part.
Do you know where I can ask them how to download the blog. Do I just send them an email or something?
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:12 pm

you could do that, or go to their help pages to their help forums, etc.

what you want is a backup of your database with all your blogs, comments, etc.

if you go to the wordpress site
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons
you can find all sorts of info about how to customize it to your liking.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

thanks so much

Postby Learning » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi Robert- thanks again for all your help. I didn't write back before because I just had surgery yesterday. Today I am recuperating from surgery. Thanks for your help. Yes I think I will just have to learn wordpress since it is the most recommended by everyone.
I'll be going to that link and firguring out how to set the whole thing up.
Thanks again :D
Learning
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:14 pm

you are quite welcome and good luck with it.

After doing the research to answer you question, I decide to install it for myself so I could be more familiar with it .

The install is quite painless and quick.

You only have to create a new database to use with it, and you can do that from your hosting control panel.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Re: Can blogger be downloaded?

Postby laurie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:41 pm

laurie
Elite Member

thanks for the info

Postby Learning » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:56 pm

After so much research I finally decided to kinda "forget" about blogger and just go with wordpress. I have seen many people say that even if you want to create a site, wordpress will be great because it has the option of using static pages. This week I was searching to find out how to and found some videos that have beginner tutorials. I have learned a lot and plan on starting a wordpress "site" with resources for teaching children since I teach my 3 boys at home.
Thanks y'all for all your help :D
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Re: Can blogger be downloaded?

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:02 am

theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging