[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - blog, grog, smog - is it too late to change? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

blog, grog, smog - is it too late to change?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

blog, grog, smog - is it too late to change?

Postby RussellWebb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Please allow me to vent-

The term Blog...I just don't like it! It sounds like a Burp, or a Borg, or a Slog... How can we possibly change the tide? Maybe a revolution is in order.

First a replacement word / term should be created. Let me think here... It all started with Weblog when some witless idiot, who thought he was witty, decided he would simplify things and spare us the extra two letters and call it the dreaded BLOG.

If it were changed... what could it possibly be called? Maybe a POLL is in order?

webjournal
i-log
idea-log

anything but a blog...

BTW - I know I'm not alone here... this recent article confirms my rant:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... ernet.html
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:23 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 pm

Interesting fact? (Maybe.) Before a weblog was a blog, web log meant something completely different. It was, in fact, a log of the web (think of web access logs). Each hit to a website would be logged and it became known as web log. The term was later hijacked to describe the online journal phenom.

I admit that I cringe whenever I hear the word on television or radio (which has become commonplace now), but it is commonplace. It is part of the mainstream, and as Alan mentioned, that's that.

Personally, I don't use the word blog all that often unless it's concerning one of my business websites or my blog about blogging (or if I just wanna sound cool around some younglings). I use the word journal, online journal, or website. Nothing wrong with that and people get the gist all the same. :)

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:00 pm

"Blog" is what it is ... And I AIN'T gonna worry about it no more. :lol:

OK ... I was "clueless ... I have to admit about hearing "podcast" the first time ... I DID think that one had to have an iPod to listen to it. And since I don't like to carry around my music and wasn't gonna get an iPod anyway, I thought I was S.O.L. about hearing and using podcasts. Image

But I finally got it figured out. :mrgreen:

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)

P.S. Russell, Just like the Borg communicated to all the solar systems it came in contact with ... "Resistance is futile!" :twisted:
CorpRebel

Postby RussellWebb » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:17 am

P.S. Russell, Just like the Borg communicated to all the solar systems it came in contact with ... "Resistance is futile!" Twisted Evil. [quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL... for the unknowing - Borgs travel around the galaxy absorbing all planetary systems into their 'collective' hive mind social structure... they're quite ugly too! Borgs should be avoided at all costs because resistance is futile

yes the train has left the station...
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging