[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Moving wordpress to another domain - same host/server • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Moving wordpress to another domain - same host/server

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Moving wordpress to another domain - same host/server

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Hello, I'm preparing to move one of my wordpress blogs to a new domain name I picked up. It's within the same host/server. I'm following these but I had a question.

Do I setup Wordpress with the new domain then move over the files from the current location and they will overwrite the ones from the new domain?
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:58 pm

I just want to be very clear before I offer up any answers: You have the same hosting provider and the only thing you're changing is the domain name? If that's the case, you really aren't moving WordPress, it's more like moving your domain name. :)

Now, before I offer up any advice, my next question is: Will the new domain become the hosting account's primary account or is it simply just an add-on domain for an already existing account?

~ Teli
Last edited by theuniek1 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theuniek1

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Last edited by Alan Petersen on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 pm

Oh, good to hear. LOL :D

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging