This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Word Press Really SEO Friendly?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Is Word Press Really SEO Friendly?

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 am

Hi All!

Came across this thread at the Warrior Forum.

http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/topic ... _ID=160808

One of the main questions was ... "Is the duplicate content in the category and archive pages in Word Press really a negative from the point of view of SEO? Or do the search engines know that this is the way WP works and it's not really duplicate content, but rather a different way of organizing the same content?"

Some other interesting tidbits about protecting certain of your WP folders/files using the robots.txt .

What do the "blogging geeks" here at SSWT think about this issue? OR is it really an issue?

Thanx!

Rick Wilson aka Corprebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm

Hey Rick,
Non-issue if your blog is structured properly.

It's funny this came up now because someone just sent me an e-mail via my contact form asking how virtually none of my blog's pages are in the supplemental index. :)

Here's the solution, make use of the excerpt function and truncate your blog entries on the front page. Make sure that there is a free and clear link to the permalink of the post from the front and archive pages.

If you want to get nuts about it, then you can blog your categories and archives via the robots.txt file (i.e. add Disallow: /category/ or Disallow: /archive/), but it isn't entirely necessary.

And finally, make sure that you set up your XML sitemap and submit it to Google.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging