[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Multiple blogs - has anyone used Wordpress MU? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Multiple blogs - has anyone used Wordpress MU?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Multiple blogs - has anyone used Wordpress MU?

Postby RussellWebb » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:07 pm

RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby RussellWebb » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:33 am

RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Here is a thread on their forum about that, assuming I understood what you were asking:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=5166

I would install MU (or multiple blogs) at the point in the process that you are ready for the installation, of course.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby RussellWebb » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:05 pm

ok... I see. I'm only expecting to do a few blogs. Installing wp - multiple installs - looks like my route. If I were a serious bloghead with ambitious plans then MU looks like the answer.

Thanks for for sleuthing Lynn.

BTW, I've read through the OPTI guide... I should manage ok.
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:33 pm

That sounds like a good solution to me too.

Its hard to go wrong with Teli's guide ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Hello Russell,
I know I'm late to the party, but I'll throw in a few cents. :)

If you're only looking to set up a couple/few blogs (i.e. less than 5) on a domain, then MU may just be overkill.

However, if you're looking for something lightweight to help you manage all the blogs from a single admin panel, then you could look into the .

I've used it myself and on a few clients' blogs without a hitch. Only problem is, it is such an involved plugin, it may not keep up with the WordPress releases (as you can see, the latest version is only up to 2.1). In that regard, I recommend installing the latest version of WP 2.0.x which contains the security fixes rolled into current versions and using the 2.0.x version of the plugin.

And of course, should you have any questions, you know we're here to help. :)

~ Teli
theuniek1

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging