[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New to wordpress • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New to wordpress

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

New to wordpress

Postby karthik26_89 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 am

Hi.I just signed up for Wordpress.Lynn,you rightly said that people will move to wordpress from blogspot.Now i have also moved to wordpress.Once i earn some money i can change it to a domain.I want to know how to add those plugins.I saw few things like Paypal donate me Plugin,Adsense plugin and few more.I downloaded these plugins.But how to add it to my wordpress blog.I just dont understand anything in wordpress.It is so complicated for me.Can anyone tell me how to add the plugins to the sidebars?
I opted for a 3 column theme.I want to know how to add to left and right sidebars seperately.Thanks.
karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 am

Ya Lynn.Im now having a Free account in wordpress.Im totally confused.Anyway Happy Birthday Lynn.I have already wished in the topic you started.This is extra wishes.LOL.Have a great time.

Anyone here who can solve my problem with wordpress?
karthik26_89

Postby annalaurabrown » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:44 am

The plugins you are talking about can only be used with wordpress.org. I use wordpress.com and it is limited as to the extra features you can use. However, I still think it is better than blogspot or blogger.
The secret to make the best use of wordpress.com is to use the widgets they offer.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby karthik26_89 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm

karthik26_89

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Hi Karthik,
Some time ago, I wrote a brief guide called the (it's completely free) and offers some advice for getting started with WordPress, including the difference between WordPress and WordPress.com -- yep, they're two different things.

Good luck and don't forget to tell us how your new virtual blog home is working out for you.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby karthik26_89 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:49 am

Thanks Teli.I have downloaded the eBook.Thanks for giving it away free.Im going it read it word by word now.And yes ofcourse ill tell you how useful the book was to me.Ill also put the link to my wordpress blog here once i give it a good look and post few entries.Thanks once again Teli.
karthik26_89

Postby karthik26_89 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:23 pm

Thanks Teli.I read your eBook.It was nice.It was mainly targeted to the paid WP users.This will be very useful to me when I upgrade to wordpress blog.Thanks.
karthik26_89

Postby karthik26_89 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:40 am

karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

You wont need to know anything upfront at all - and you can learn as you go in regards to changing/editing templates (or themes, as they are called).

As for costs, it is less than $20 total to get set up. You will need your own domain name, which is under ten bucks a year, and I use which lets you set up unlimited sites/blogs/domains for under ten bucks a month.

Once you set up an account at HostGator (or any host with cpanel), installing WordPress is easy as they have a one-click install for that program (and many others). It will set it up for you.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:17 am

karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:22 am

Oh thanks Lynn.Does the little package work well??Thanks once again.
karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Yup :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Thanks Lynn.I hope they accept payment by paypal.Because I have my money on paypal only.I still need few money to get a host for one year.So I have to wait for a month and then go for the host.Thanks.
karthik26_89

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging