[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Local Events Meme - Need Tag Volunteers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Local Events Meme - Need Tag Volunteers

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Local Events Meme - Need Tag Volunteers

Postby Grokodile » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:00 am

Hi,

I'm launching a meme concerning local community events. The trouble is that I am starting a and don't feel it is appropriate to simply tag random people and hope they will participate.

I'll be working to promote this new blog, so I expect that if you get in on the initial tag list that you should see some new readers from it. Please reply to this thread (and give me the URL of your blog) if you are willing to be tagged and will write a post for the meme.

Here is the meme...

Please write a post about a previous community event in your city or town. It could have been a winter festval, a fall fair, a summer celebration, or whatever your town routinely does.

I know, you live there, so it isn’t news to you, but the rest of us have never heard of your festival. We don’t know when it happens. We don’t know what it is about. We don’t know how much the residents of your community pull together to participate and have fun together. Tell us. Tell everyone. By all means, if there is an appropriate local tourism site, link to it.

Imagine that you are talking to a remote friend, hoping to entice him or her to come visit the next time there is a local event.
Grokodile

Postby Grokodile » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm

Grokodile

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 am

For those of you that arent familiar with the term MEME, it is like a tagging game for bloggers. You can post it on your blog at blogger, your WordPress blog, even your MySpace blog.

If you get "Tagged" (ie linked to) for a MEME, then you get to post it on your own blog, and then tag other bloggers that you know. It creates a chaink link effect and results in inbound links to your blog and to your blog post.

Grok - I'm racking my brain trying to think of community events in my area that would be worth mentioning, but count me in for ClickNewz.com ;) . Also, I would do the other MEME as well. The simple one about where I live, where I'd rather live, etc. I think our readers enjoy getting to know little things about us like that (personal tidbits) and would gladly participate in both.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:54 pm

You guys can see my post for this here:
http://www.clicknewz.com/682/tennessee/

:D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging