This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Get Paid to Post on your own blog

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Get Paid to Post on your own blog

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:09 pm

PayPerPost is a cool little service that hooks advertisers up with bloggers. In addition to Google Adsense, getting sponsors or advertisers is a great way to make money with your blog. Selling text links ranks up there on the list as well, of course.

You can sign up yourself at http://payperpost.com - I did. It’s a cool little setup, with some great blogging opps. If you decide to take the plunge, be sure to give them my email address as the referral when you register: lynn@clicknewz .com - they pay 5 bucks for referrals, so we’ll both make some cash!

;) :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ksruckman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:29 pm

THIS IS FREAKING EXTRADORINARY

Thanks Lynn for puttin that up...I've heard about this but that was only hear-say, and been to busy to search for it..THANKS-->Ralph :D
ksruckman

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:19 pm

You're welcome :D

These are my first two posts, if you want to see examples. These are both posts I was paid for - though the content is 100% unique:

:arrow: http://www.clicknewz.com/184/ted-murphy/

:arrow: http://www.clicknewz.com/185/paid-for-blog-posts/

Obviously those were in-house opps.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby TheWordpressGuy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:22 am

Hi Lynn..

I discovered that a week ago, but I'm interested in getting bloggers to promote my products etc.

So far, I can get a post (100 words) in someone else's blog for just $2.50. If you want a direct link to your site it will help to improve SEO.

You can also rate the blog posts, so rest assured all the bloggers will try to do their best to get good rankings..

This is a JEWEL :)
TheWordpressGuy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:41 am

Yes, it is a great deal from both sides - for both the posters and the advertisers. Anyone who does serious SEO knows that links in content areas are more valuable than links in sidebars or other areas of the page where links & navigation are normally found...

Also, Web 2.0 and Social Networking is all about personal recommendations and user conversations. This opportunity fits in VERY nicely with those concepts - for both the writers and the advertisers. I'm very impressed with it so far.

There is a bit of controversy, which I am going to blog about later today... along with some hidden perks I've found for being involved with PPP. I'll be sure to post a link ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Keeping you updated...

I have earned ~$50 in the first 24 hours with PayPerPost, and have some good on-topic high paying opps lined up from their list for the rest of the week as well. My posts are currently pending review, though I feel confident they will pass with no problems.

The blog I am testing this on does NOT earn anywhere near $50/day in Adsense, by the way.

I'll keep you posted of course, but so far I am pleased with the way everything works and how easy it is to earn for something I'm doing anyway (blogging).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:56 pm

Lynn Terry wrote:There is a bit of controversy, which I am going to blog about later today... along with some hidden perks I've found for being involved with PPP. I'll be sure to post a link ;)

:arrow: PayPerPost Bashed by Leading Bloggers

Your thoughts are welcomed!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm

I'd heard about PPP a while ago on TechCrunch, but decided to stay out of the fray.

I already mentioned in one of your comments, Lynn, that I don't see anything wrong with PPP as long as the blogger remains honest (and so far, you've been doing a stellar job).

This definitely sounds like a way for bloggers to earn some extra cash for doing what they would do naturally - blog. :D

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:21 pm

Thank you ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tot » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:06 am

I looked into this and am curious about PPPs requirement for the blog to be 90 days old.

I started a new blog on Subject A. I had an OLD blog that sometimes mentioned Subject A I am now importing Subject A posts from the old blog into the new blog.

If I import posts from the old blog, will my new blog still count as being 'new'?
tot
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 am

I'm honestly not sure...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MikeM » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Does it have to be a blog?

I'm about to create an tips/tricks/reviews/articles type website which will be simialar to a blog. Could I submit it and be accepted?

Mike
MikeM

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:31 pm

That I'm not sure about either...

But if it's going to be similar to a blog, why not use WordPress or a similar CMS to develop your 'site'? What will be the differences? (Just curious)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:44 pm

I decided to go ahead and sign up. Not sure if there will be any topics appropriate for my genre (gardening). If not, I'll just start a new blog. :P
Jennifer Hadorn

Postby Jennifer Hadorn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:16 pm

On another note ->

Did anyone else have trouble getting their initial activation code? It apparently never got to me. I can't find it in my inbox nor in my spam folder.

I've e-mailed support, and currently awaiting a reply.
Jennifer Hadorn

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging