[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Subscribers - Do free reports..... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Subscribers - Do free reports.....

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Subscribers - Do free reports.....

Postby Kevin Robb » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:55 am

Hi All,

I am about to finish off a major upgrade of my newsletter site and I have a question if I may.

Do you feel offering a subscriber an incentive to sign up is necessary?

My personal thoughts currently are that I believe I can do away with the gift, my site stats show that less than 30% of my sign ups download the free report.

I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby Al Smith » Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:50 am

Al Smith
Elite Member

Re: Subscribers - Do free reports.....

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:32 pm

Great topic of discussion ...

If the draw is your content, solely, you're more likely to have higher conversions ... weeding out the freebie seekers, though you may not bring in as many subscribers overall (I think too much focus is put on numbers, anyway ..;)).

If you promise a continuing stream of theme based instructional content, such as a tutorial series, etc., or a free download of the month (not necessarilly commission based, but high usability) you should hold the interest of those that are really, well ... interested.

I think establishing and nurturing self brand, trust, and credibility should be the main focus ... not the give aways.

But offering ONE thing, as an initial incentive, may be a good way to get the general masses to commit ...

After that, it's up to you to sell yourself, first ... then your wares.

Regards,

Mike "questions? ask your subs!" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Incentives can help, but...

Postby the_ezine_team » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:51 am

the_ezine_team

Postby Kevin Robb » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:05 pm

Thanks to you all.

Your comments sum up my feelings that I need to do two things....first, continue to test and then test some more.

Secondly, survey my subscribers and ask why they did or did not download the free "incentive" gift.

From this I will make the decision as whether to continue with my offer or structure my site in a different way.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Re: Subscribers - Do free reports.....

Postby jbsmith » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:04 pm

jbsmith

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders