[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Autoresponders-HTML or Text? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Autoresponders-HTML or Text?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Autoresponders-HTML or Text?

Postby Troy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:56 pm

Hello again group!
I am just now getting around to re hooking up the autoresponders, and i am perplexed with the question:
Should I use HTML in my eMail responses, or should I use plain text?
I can see the advantages of using both, but which works the best???
I would really love to hear from those with experience in this subject.
Troy

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:31 am

flensborg

I prefer Text ...

Postby calvinchin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:25 pm

Hi Troy,

I prefer Text email.

Lynn is right about the open rate but Henrik pointed out the problem with it.

I'm using text email because nowadays most of the email software (no
matter web-base or software-base) are smart enough to detect the HTML
links.

In this case, we don't need to care much about the links. Readers will be
able to read the click on it.

However, for those products which need to present the images nicely
to the readers, the HTML emails would be more suitable.

And text is easier to control compare to HTML which different software
interpret HTML codes differently. (Just look at how Firefox and IE works)

And do you know that if my email can't read HTML file, it will become an
attachment that require me to click on the attachment, which opens
another window to read the HTML message.

This make me worried if it carried virus ! :(

Just my idea. :wink:
calvinchin

Postby tctan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:40 am

I personally send out all my email using plain text format since I personally having some problems to read email that send out in HTML format, so just make it simple

ToonChooi
tctan

Postby Bina Omar » Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 am

Bina Omar
Elite Member

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders