[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Choosing an Autoresponder or Mailing List Manager • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Choosing an Autoresponder or Mailing List Manager

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby johndilbeck » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:49 am

johndilbeck

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:39 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby johndilbeck » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 pm

Thanks, Lynn,

I signed up to get the report and I'll give it a good, focused read.

All the best,

JD
johndilbeck

Postby wynn » Sun May 06, 2007 1:22 am

Hi Lynn,

Found this thread through google.

This thread began way back in Dec 2005! Not sure if you will get to read this...

I'm deciding between using Aweber or setting my own (AutoResponder Plus or List Mail Pro). You article pretty much helped me decide toward aweber. Thanks to you.

But there are still a couple of areas which I would like to find out before signing with Aweber. As you have used Aweber for quite some time, would greatly appreciate if you could throw some light on these:

1) I use both Clickbank and 2CO on my website for selling of ebooks. May I know how do you integrate Clickbank/2CO to Aweber? I've asked Aweber and they told me there's no way to do this. They said that after people bought the ebook, at the thankyou page, we have to ask the customer to manually key in their name and email again for submission to Aweber in order to be included in the mailing list database. I know where Aweber is coming from. But from the customer point of view, it is not too good to ask them to enter the same information twice. How do you go about resolving this?

2) Once someone buys an ebook, I would like to start some follow-ups (e.g. asking for feedback, cross-sell, up-sell, etc.) If one cannot integrate Clickbank/2CO to Aweber, how could I start the follow-ups? Send them another email and ask for double opt-in with Aweber? I'm really confused.

3) Suppose someone sign up with a 7-day e-course. At the end of third day, he decided to buy one of the e-book. Is it possible to automatically stop this e-course, and transfer him to another campaign?

Would greatly appreciate your input and advice, please.

Regards,
/wynn
wynn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Hello Wynn & Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, has something called Automation Rules which will subscribe and unsubscribe leads when certain actions are taken (ie: unsubscribe a new customer from a prospect list).

As for the integration - I understand what you are asking. They have been posting some tutorials lately on how to integrate Aweber with PayPal and other payment processors - here is one for example for 1shoppingcart:

http://www.aweber.com/blog/articles-tip ... ration.htm

You may get some ideas for that, or you may find more by searching their blog from that link. But what most sellers do is offer the opt-in form on the confirmation page after the sale. To increase conversion rate, most of them say "register your purchase to receive lifetime updates". By entering their first name and email address, they 'register' and you can then send them any updates on your product.

You can also give them an unadvertised bonus on that confirmation page, and they can fill out the form to receive it. Just some ideas ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wynn » Tue May 08, 2007 3:00 am

Thanks, Lynn! I have a much clearer picture now!

I'm still a bit wavering between Aweber and GetRespose. Two years ago, Aweber is the clear leader. Now it seems they are about the same. I do see some people mention that GetRespose has moved ahead of Aweber.

I can see from your forum and website that you're an avid Aweber user.

Not sure if you could highlight just one or two areas which you think Aweber does better than GetRespose.

Thanks and Regards,
/wynn

p.s. does Aweber has a forum? I know it has a very informative blog. But could't seem to find any forum. GetRespose has one. But the participation is low. I learn a lot from forums such as yours where people share their valuable experiences.
wynn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 08, 2007 3:37 am

You're most welcome :)

I'm not really familiar enough with GetResponse to do a thorough comparison. Some of the things I love best about Aweber may be offered by GR as well - but as I said, I am not sure.

For me, the experience has been a very good one. The customer service has been wonderful - though, fortunately I havent had cause to use it outside of the getting started phase.

From their affiliate program to their Feed Broadcaster service, and everything in between, they go out of their way to offer the best and to stay on the cutting edge. This has been one of very few services that runs flawlessly for me, and is a HUGE asset to my online business.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wynn » Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 am

wynn

Postby Sandra » Thu May 24, 2007 12:57 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders