[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need ideas... Please :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need ideas... Please :)

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I need ideas... Please :)

Postby angela0204 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:14 pm

Hello all,

I'm absolutely confused. I offer a newsletter that I send out once a month. I have a few subscribers but it doesn't seem like anyone is actually reading it. I sell various handmade items so it is kind of hard to focus on one type of product. For ex: someone that sells dog realated items would perhaps offer dog health info in their newsletter. I'm stuck. I have no clue what to discuss other than what new products I have, specials, etc. Should I put something like craft projects in my newsletter or am I going completely in the wrong direction.

Also, what type of content should I offer on my site? I know my targeted traffic is women (20's & up) but my customers come from all walks of life. Not sure if they would be interested in craft ideas or what.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Angela
angela0204

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:56 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angela0204 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:47 am

angela0204

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:55 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Hi Angela,

How do you know who is reading your newsletter? You have each newsletter on a webpage which I couldnt find until I got to the "site-map". I would make it part of your table on front page on the left hand side and put "newsletter". You could also try this "read my newsletter and answer this question and I will send you a free 'whatever'." This is a way to get your readers to at least send you an email to see if anyone is reading it.......

Just my 2 cents....

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby kidino » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:55 am

Angela,

How do you know they are not being read?

Anyhow, here're some suggestions.

First of all, don't just talk about your products. Talk about a something else that can really bring warmth to your subscribers. And then you weave those stories with your products. They say these three topics are really good ice-breaker (with your subscribers).

- babies
- pets
- women

In my case, I've shared with my subscribers photos of my little baby girl. And I get a lot of response when I do that. And you can also share photos from recent trips ... etc ...

And then, you can say something like "... do you know any cute babies? nephew, niece ... maybe you can find something nice at my store."

Try to appear like writing to a friend rather then from a store. It's easier for your subscribers to relate to you. And use short sentences. If it's long, break them a part with coma, dashes, etc ... it'll be easier on the eyes, and easier to understand.

And then, write more often. You said you write monthly. Try weekly ... I am serious! When you write more often, they'll remember you more. Maybe now they don't need anything from you, but when they do, your name will sure come to mind.

Alright ... these are the things that I do. And I have great success with these. You should try it ...
kidino
Elite Member

Postby Baggs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:02 am

Kidino is absolutely correct - connect with your audiance and then when they want to but, they will feel they already trust you.
Baggs

Postby angela0204 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:03 pm

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Thank you all for your suggestions. I will give them a shot. You all asked how I know if someone is reading my newsletter or not. Well, when I publish my newsletter to my site I have a specific link that I follow. In my traffic stats it gives detailed information as to how many visits I've had to that specific link. I don't know exactly how many are reading, but I guess according to how many are signed up with my newsletter. Also, the last three winners of my contests didn't claim their prize.

Thank you all again for your help and I will try your suggestions.

Angela
angela0204

Postby okcshoppers » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:30 pm

okcshoppers

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders