[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - In the Interests of Research... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

In the Interests of Research...

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

In the Interests of Research...

Postby Kevin Robb » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:23 am

I have been working on some ideas in regards to List Building methods, there effectiveness and value for some months now but I need a little assistance to complete the project.

I am interested in the methods used that have prompted you to divulge your valued email address to another party...in particular dedicated lead capture pages.

It would be appreciated if you could offer some feedback as to what triggered your desire to sign up and details of the relevant URL would certainly help as well.

Thanking you all in advance.

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:13 am

For me, it is usually less about the landing page or copywriting, and more about the reason I ended up there in the first place.

For example, a friend or peer that I am interested in - I'll subscribe to see what they have to offer. Or if it's a topic that I am interested in, I'll subscribe to several newsletters to see who offers the information I am looking for.

If it's a product I am promoting, I will sign up to the merchants email list to keep up with current updates/pricing.

So usually, for me, there's some type of relationship involved - even if it's just a personal recommendation from a trusted source. As for topics of interest, if I am researching copywriting (for example) then I will usually join the list on each site that I like - and then scan them for a few weeks and decide which I'd like to stay on, and which arent worth reading.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders