[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - At what point should you get into RSS? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

At what point should you get into RSS?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

At what point should you get into RSS?

Postby HGPgal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:50 pm

HGPgal

Postby Mike Merz » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi, Lisa ..;)

I'd have to think that the easiest way for an RSS 'newbie' to start utilizing RSS is via weblog (blog).

http://Blogger.com is free ... and very easy to set up and manage.

I'm sure the RSS Pros will follow up with better ideas ... but the aformentioned will work for you.

Regards,

Mike "enjoying a lot of traffic via that medium" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:29 pm

I agree. You can see a good example (using Blogger.com) here: http://www.MikeLitman.com/archives/

What do you use to manage your mailing list?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ashley3471 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:40 pm

Before starting with blogging and rss you might want to get the graphics working on your site. Yahoo has a really good instruction site for RSS.

Jeannie
ashley3471

Postby HGPgal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:09 am

I just hate it when Jeanie's right...! :P
So, can you help me with the java problem? If I need a new page for each image, won't that look awful in my index? Well, at least I'm trying!

Lynn ~ You mean I can manage my mailing list? :lol:
You suggested a free one in another discussion... It's past 11 here, and I was up WAY too early to be any brighter right now. You wanna just hit me over the head and give me the steps I need to take to get my site working? Please, Lynn - with sugar on top?

Love you guys,
~~L
HGPgal

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:09 am

Hi Lisa,

For newsletter, or mailing list management, options - you may want to see this current discussion: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... php?t=3470 . I use Aweber ($20/mo), but they offered some great free and inexpensive solutions in that thread.

The images on your site are pointing to your hard drive. Since we cant view your hard drive, we cant see your images. For example, the URL of one of the images on your main page is:

file:///C:/Lisa's%20files/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Home%20%26%20Garden%20Party/cover.jpg

This image, cover.jpg, needs to be on your server (uploaded to your IBF account). Check out this section of the IBF tutorial:

:idea: Tip: When working with website files, dont use spaces or caps. All lower case, and hyphens instead of spaces, are the standard.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby HGPgal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:44 pm

If I were a poet, I'd write an ode to Lynn to recount her helpfulness.
I offer my humble thanks and praise, instead. :D
HGPgal

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders