This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Video Email Marketing?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Video Email Marketing?

Postby flimsy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:26 am

Hey Guys,

Is video email marketing good way to promote your products?

Because I believe that people don't click on such kind of emails and most of such email goes to spam box.

Well, what do you think guys?
flimsy

Postby tknoppe » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Some believe that video email is the 'new wave of the future'; however, like you stated, I'm not so sure. SPAM being what it is today, even sending html email may land your newsletter in the SPAM folder of many of your subscribers. aweber has a plain text version you could submit, but of course, wouldn't work well with video email now would it?! LOL I would suggest, if you wanted to do a video marketing method - send them an email via your autoresponder with a brief intro and a link asking them to go view your video.

I do believe video is where the internet is heading - it's already on its way! But not via email.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree that most go to the spam box if there is no real content in the email. But I see a lot of people starting to use video so I'm sure it's definitely something we should look into.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:50 pm

I definitely (also) would not send a video via email. I would, though, send a link - to perhaps a YT video that I'd embedded in a blog post for my readers. (Or Viddler or whatever...those are my two faves - YT and Viddler)

My mom drives me crazy sending me video files of cool stuff (usually animal related) and I go look for it based on her description and find it on YT. Why don't people just do that in the first place?
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am

Angie: I agree, video is already where the web and marketing IS! I believe everyone should be using video in some capacity; just don't send the videos themselves via email. Send a link to your video on a page that also contains some keyword rich text content to help with SEO, etc... ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:55 pm

I would probably do what Lisa mentioned and send a link to the video, place the vid on a page on the site and send people to the site. I would think that the benefit of having video in front of people right away would be nulllified by the number of people that don't see it because it landed in their spam folder.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby flimsy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions.

lisamariemary wrote:I definitely (also) would not send a video via email. I would, though, send a link - to perhaps a YT video that I'd embedded in a blog post for my readers. (Or Viddler or whatever...those are my two faves - YT and Viddler)

I think it would be a great idea.
flimsy

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 pm

You're very welcome. I'm glad we could help you :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders