[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Cultivating an email list? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Cultivating an email list?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Cultivating an email list?

Postby Declan OReilly » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:09 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for discerning responsive newsletter subscribers and weeding out the unresponsive (and unprofitable ones)? Is there any way to figure out who is just looking for a free ride and has no intention of EVER purchasing anything online from those who could be potential customers?

I think that a lot of people may not complete feedback forms but does not necessarily mean that they won't purchase on a recommendation at some stage in the future.

Declan
Declan OReilly

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:21 pm

Outside of "list cleaning" (having them re-sub) - No...

Why would you want to? I assume to save space?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Declan OReilly » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:53 pm

Thanks Lynn!

More to clear away 'dead wood'.

Isn't 'list cleaning' just cleaning old email addresses that are no longer valid? I have a 'list cleaning' program that does this. My subscribers are double opt-in anyway so any email addresses that are no longer in use bounce back and are taken off the list.

I am concerned that if I asked people to re-subscribe that I would lose 50% overnight unless I had a sweetener for them to stay which leads me to think that maybe a lot of people only subscribe to a newsletter because they are offered freebies.

Maybe I should have asked "how do I make my subscribers more responsive?"

Declan

P.S. Apologies for posting in the wrong section earlier.
Declan OReilly

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shelwriter » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:06 pm

Declan -

(I love your name! :P )

One other thing I think you might want to focus on is letting your personality *shine* in your newsletter. Let your subscribers get to know you. The things you do, the plans you have for them. If you're a funny guy, let it show. If you're passionate about your list, let it show.

Of course, I'm just a newbie, but I think it works... :lol:

Shel
shelwriter

Postby Declan OReilly » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Declan OReilly

Postby shelwriter » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:14 pm

shelwriter

Postby Declan OReilly » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:08 am

Hi Shel,

I got a hybrid accent. A little touch of Irish mixed with a slight Pommy (English) accent from my years of living in London with a dash of American from my days of living in California. But I have been told by a couple of people that it is easy on the ear...

:lol:

Declan
Declan OReilly

Postby shelwriter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:42 am

Ohhh - you need audio on your website Declan! Sounds cool!

Shel
shelwriter

Postby Declan OReilly » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:05 am

Declan OReilly

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:30 am

I would consider your newsletter subscribers your pond of fish. I would not want to get rid of any fish because you never know what you might put out there that they might bite on.

Best Wishes
MommyEnterprises

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders