[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - List Building....Help!!!! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

List Building....Help!!!!

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

List Building....Help!!!!

Postby Kevin Robb » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:31 am

Recently I was asked a question by one of my subscribers in regards to buying double opt in subscribers and importing them into his autoresponder.

Well this has led me to ask many more questions and now I have one or two for those experienced members here...if you would be so kind as to assist me.

Have any of you had experience with any of the following companies in regards to obtaining subscribers ?

Listbuilder Pro - http://www.worldwidelists.com
Leadfactory - http://leadfactory.com
Listopt - http://www.listopt.com

I am interested in any feedback you can offer, have you used any of the above, or any other co-registration companies ?

What success have you had, are the leads offered targeted and have they been value for money?

Have you had any problems importing these leads into your autoresponder ?

Comment be it positive or negative would be appreciated.

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby koanwrangler » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:49 am

Hi Kevin,

I've never bought lists, but a friend of mine works for one of the large list services. His advice to me was- NEVER buy double opt-in lists.

The ROI is consistently negative.

If you want more info, email me-
koanwrangler

Postby Kevin Robb » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:23 am

Thanks,

Email on the way to you now.

Can anyone else offer any feedback on the companies listed or others you may have used ?

I intend putting a short report together in regards to my overall findings...the info is starting to stack up now from various sources.

Will post the report here when complete.

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:18 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby koanwrangler » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:06 pm

Try www.nitrolistbuilder.com

They're real good- and they've got "bootcamps" for people who really want to learn list marketing.
koanwrangler

Postby rtdennis » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:45 am

Kevin,

I really liked what I'd read about Listbuilder Pro, so I signed up for 2000 names/month.

Cancelled after one month. Two big problems:

1. 80% - 90% of email addys were yahoo or hotmail. You can get these excluded by paying extra, but it's a pretty good chunk extra. But you definitely want to pay it if you use this service.

2. At least 40% ... and maybe up to 90% ... of the names were foreign. (And I don't mean Canadian.) Some were European or Asian. Most looked like they were from Africa. You definitely want to specify WHERE your names come from. Again, that costs extra.

Also was told by a friend who has tested a ton of stuff to build his list that Listbuilders Pro changed hands recently & has gone downhill. Don't know if that's true or not, but I'm no longer very enthusiastic about co-reg leads.

Take care,

Richard Dennis
rtdennis

Postby Lois » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:01 am

I had my best success building my list -- I doubled it -- when I did a joint venture with Mark Hendricks. He devised a 12 Days of Christmas promotion in which people could get 1 product free on the first day, 2 the second, up to 12 on the 12th day of Christmas, a total of 78 free gifts for visitors. Each day was posted as the day arrived. When people clicked on the link to download, they were required to sign up for the author's newsletter list in order to download the product. Each product was made exclusively for the promotion.

It was a brilliant JV.
Lois

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:14 am

Do you know if they're doing that again this year, Lois?

Richard... Welcome! :D & thanks for sharing your experiences with us!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lois » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:51 am

Sorry, I haven't heard. I did email Mark, but he didn't respond. I'll check again.
Lois

Postby shelwriter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:36 pm

shelwriter

Postby Lois » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:51 pm

Lois

Postby shelwriter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:34 pm

You made a good point Lois - about trust.

I guess because I'm such a newbie, I'm worried about having to have other people download a special reader to get in on the project. But you're right. Mark is a good one to trust.

Shel
shelwriter

Postby Lois » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:53 pm

I hope you get in because it truly was the best promotion I have done and it doubled my list in one month. I think Mark is brilliant.
Lois

Postby shelwriter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:13 pm

Okay - you've pulled my arm! :lol:

Count me in. I'll go and sign up. I can always use more subscribers! Can't we all? :wink:

Thanks for giving me the boost. I appreciate it!

Shel
shelwriter

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders