[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Keeping Subscribers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Keeping Subscribers

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Keeping Subscribers

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:35 am

Anyone have any helpful tips to keep your subscribers?

Stefani Partin
MommyEnterprises

Postby alice » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:44 am

Be unique...be different...be interesting. ;) Do you want to share an issue of your newsletter, then we could probably give some tips.

Alice
alice

Postby itay » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:40 am

itay

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:08 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:19 pm

Here is a link to my newsletter index page:

Here is a link to the last issue:

Thanks for your help

Stefani Partin
MommyEnterprises

Postby Hock Ng » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:29 pm

Stefani,

I browsed through your newsletter that you posted through your link. Here are my thoughts...

1. Try to focus on one theme for each issue. When I open a newsletter with a million links, I tend to just ignore the entire thing.

2. Cut down on the ads. I look for things that I can use for my business. People are smart. They know an ad when they see one. Offer solid advice or tips and strategies.

My 2 cents...

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:22 pm

Thanks Hock

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby gary_the_ace » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:33 pm

I have to agree ...

We've run a few of our newsletters into the ground using a
format that is eerily similar to what you're using ... ( learn
from our mistakes ;-) )

If you have to keep the ads in there for some reason, maybe
they're being paid for?, then put them a little lower down in the
newsletter itself so that the subscribers see content first ... my
guess is that you're getting a lot of people seeing, ad, ad, ad,
and then scrolling to remove without even seeing the content.

The other thing to do might be to keep this type of format once
a week with a few modifications, and send another issue out that
is nothing but content, no ads. If your content is good in the one
issue they get, your subscribers will be more likely to stick through
the ads they know they'll get in the other.
gary_the_ace

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders