This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

GetRespone? In light of Aweber's new pricing structure..

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

GetRespone? In light of Aweber's new pricing structure..

Postby KansasDragon » Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 pm

I was just reading CorpRebel's post about stick shock, and I like wise feel shocked by their new pricing structure.

How reliable is GetResponse in comparison to Aweber?

I have not been using an autoresponder, but was just finishing up writing up a series of messages for using with an autoresponder, and planning to use Aweber. Now I'm not so sure about Aweber.

But of course, if the profits are there.....
KansasDragon

Postby gallito89 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Personally I love AWeber, and since I started using it before this new program I can choose to keep the plan I originally signed up for when next year rolls around I think. I'd highly suggest them but the new prices are a bit steep.
gallito89

Postby WAHumor » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:11 am

I'll stick with Aweber, but GetResponse is widely considered a close second.

Recurring commissions with GR too...

I always give the choice.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Autoresponder just $49 for a year

Postby elen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 am

I know new Autoresponder Service to take your business to the next level and this fits the bill. It's faster,easier and costs less than the other guys ..

It's got a good free option, link tracking, RSS sign-ups, plus plus plus! AND a great guarantee... The cutting edge of Autoresponders! I think you'll really like it.

Plus right now they are running a special holiday rate - over 60% off..

Accept PayPal. I utillize this Autoresponder. All is maximum simply and comfortably. It is possible to test a free version. 100% moneyback guarantee. No risk. I guarantee, you will be high pleased its work.
elen

Postby Sandra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I've been using aweber for years and quite satisfied with the service. I'm glad they are not upping the price for current clients. Though the new pricing structure is now more in line with other services such as constant contact and icontact.

What other options are there out there?
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:00 pm

there is always the option of installing your own autoresponder script on your server and running it yourself.

I really don't know why more people do not do that.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby KansasDragon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Robert,

The biggest reason people avoid hosting their own, is because it is extremely easy to get your site listed as SPAM. Even if you're doing everything right.

Aweber and GetResponse offer you a buffer layer, and also work with all of the major ISP's, Spam Filtering, and Blacklist groups to assure your messages get through, by showing them the evidence that all subscribers are double opt-in, and actually requested the emails.

The work they do behind the scenes is a very small cost for what it would take of your personal time to accomplish anything near it.

I have helped numerous companies get off the black lists, and it's never fun, and never fast.
KansasDragon

Postby lindastacy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 am

Isn't there also a potential issue with server load when you run an autoresponder script on your own server?

I've seen GetResponse recommended often, but I haven't tried it myself.
lindastacy

Postby robert adams » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:52 pm

lindastacy wrote:Isn't there also a potential issue with server load when you run an autoresponder script on your own server?

I've seen GetResponse recommended often, but I haven't tried it myself.

if your autoresponder is overloading your server, then you should be making enough money to afford a better server.
:D

autoresponers simply send out email. you have to send out a lot of email to affect server load on any decent server.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Li Weng » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 am

I've only used getresponse. It's quite easy to use. Haven't encountered any issues with it.
Li Weng

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders