This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need tips on gaining subscribers

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby jasondinner » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Hi Stefani,

I noticed on your forms that you only ask for their email address.
Maybe you should also ask for their first name so you can
personalize your follow up messages. People like to be called by
their name rather than just being said hello to.

Ex: Stefani, check out my latest tips (Subject)

Body: Hi Stefani,

Bla, bla, bla, bla. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Also, instead of telling your visitors/potential subscribers
that they will be also receiving "ebooks", tell them which
ones and show them by having the picture of the ebooks
on your site right above the form.

Hope this helps :)
Jason Dinner
jasondinner

Postby kidino » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:36 pm

How about an ad swap?

I am thinking of my DIY Minisite where I have about 2200 subscribers. If you have a list with about the same about of subscribers, please PM me.
kidino
Elite Member

Postby kidino » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:24 am

You know what Stefani, I had a look at this thread again and I have some new ideas.

Here goes ... I would recommend revamping the page with nicer layout. I've tried this myself and I see that having the subscription box above the fold would always increase subscription rate.

And after that, I would like to recommend that you have prepare two ebooks. These ebooks has to be a part 1 and part 2 ebooks. For example, you name ebook 1 something like "10 Tips on ...". And then the second ebook, you call it "10 MORE Tips on ..."

What you do with the first ebook is just give it away for free - no subscription, no registration. A simple direct download link. I suggest you create a new dedicated page for this ebook just like you would do if you are selling it -- and with a download link.

Then, in that first ebook, at the beginning and at the end, you tell them about your second part of the ebook. And they can get that when they subscribe to your newsletter.

And of course, at the web page where you promote your newsletter, you tell them they will get the second ebook when they subscribe. Alright, how about those that did not get first ebook and just happens to get stumble upon your newsletter landing page? You say on that page, "Yes, this is the 2nd part of the ebook ... see inside for the first part"

And then in the early part of your autoresponders, you say something like, "In case you did not get the first part of the ebook, it's here ..."

After this, your job is to promote your first ebook. With a launch like this, with it's own dedicated page, you can send a press release, you can try PayPerPost if you want, and you can also just start telling your online friends, especially those that run ezines or write a blog.

The aim is for this to go viral. If your first ebook is good, people will be willingly sending more and more people to your download page. And since getting the first ebook is so easy, no subscription, many are not that reluctant to promote you freely ...

I hope this helps ...
kidino
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders