[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Newsletter Email Programs • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Newsletter Email Programs

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Newsletter Email Programs

Postby ownerwillcarry » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:05 pm

ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:33 am

If you're list is under 10,000 - then may be a good affordable solution. This is the service that I use to manage the SSWT newsletter. Its 19.95/mo for less than 10,000 addresses, and the price goes up (slightly) above that.

Is your list over 10,000 or are there other features that you are looking for, specifically?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

aWeber

Postby ownerwillcarry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:17 am

ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Automated Mailing Systems

Postby ownerwillcarry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:56 am

ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:45 am

Good questions!

I'm going to move this thread to the e-Publishing category... for the benefit of all readers & Members ;)

does offer stats on Open Rates, and much more. It is a double-opt-in compliant service, also, which offers you protection with all of the current & pending laws. It is also one of the top mailing list managers in regards to delivery - it delivers a higher percentage of email than most (less chance of being blocked or blacklisted at the ISP level).

I like the fact that I can access my account and send messages from any computer - home office, laptop, library, you name it! Very convenient. I can download my database in Excel format at any time, so I keep backups and can run queries on my list easily.

You can customize your verification messages, autoresponders, confirmation pages, etc - its very flexible, and the service has been exceptional in my opinion. This is the service that was recommended to me by a professional that I trust - and I understand that most "top marketers" use aWeber to manage their lists as well.

I was sold on the recommendation alone... but have been very happy with their service since I made the switch in January. My delivery & response rate improved dramatically!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

One last question

Postby ownerwillcarry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:07 am

ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Re: One last question

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:58 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby AaronC » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:00 pm

AaronC

Postby koanwrangler » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:06 am

Lynn- genius!

I'm in the process of changing list servers, and I just plain hadn't thought of calling customer service and asking them to turn the "opt-in" option off...

Thank you SO MUCH!!!
koanwrangler

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:53 am

You're welcome ;)

I've really been impressed with aWeber, and super-pleased with their service.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I do something a little differently

Postby PattyGale » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:40 pm

I actually purchased my own maillist software that uses Mysql directly on my hosts servers on my site.

I paid a $100 one time fee for the software, no monthly fees, can run as many autoresponders and mailing lists as I want, and if I decide to change hosts for whatever reason, my lists can come with me.

I guess I just liked the idea of not having to depend on a 3rd party for my lists.

I know absolutely nothing about mysql, but the instructions for this software were so explicit, that even I installed it without any problems.

Patty
PattyGale

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders