[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Aweber unlocking my website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Aweber unlocking my website

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Aweber unlocking my website

Postby Wim Vos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:31 am

Last edited by Wim Vos on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wim Vos

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Wim & Welcome :D

Most hosting companies offer the option to create password protected directories through your hosting control panel. Look there first, as this is an option that wont have any additional costs. If your host offers that, you can create a username and password and pass that to subscribers in the confirmation email they get from Aweber - along with the secure link where they can log in.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Wim Vos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks Lynn,

It is a good idea, however I would like to do it sort of automatic without my visitor noticing he is logging into my website. If I send him a login and password, part of my visiters might be scared away and miss out on the wonderfull products i sell :lol:

Although it is fully legit what i am doing, I don't like to explain why they had no access to the product website to start-off with. Like to keep it smooth.

It must be possible for a PHP script to register the IPaddress of my visiter and give that IP address automatic unrestricted access, or something with cookies.
Wim Vos

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:14 pm

I imagine there is - and you may want to check the Aweber FAQ & support to see if they mention anything like that. You just want to make sure that the links dont work if put into a browser, otherwise the search engines can easily index your pages (all it would take is one person linking to one of your pages on a forum or in their blog)...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders