This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Email marketing method, what is better?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Email marketing method, what is better?

Postby montyauto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Need your input, what is better:

As many as the emailer opted in for

or

As many as frequency of sending emails?
montyauto

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:18 pm

I dont understand the question. Can you rephrase that?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby smarty » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:05 pm

If you send too many emails then it will surely annoy your subscribers, so its not good for anything.
And having many email subscribers, is really impressive. numerous email subscribers are definitely better than sending too much emails to them.
smarty

Postby AlexNewell » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:27 pm

this is what all email newbies are scared of - annoying their subscribers.

It all depends on what you send them! Smarty you can send me paypal emails for $10 all day long and I will not be even slightly annoyed but if you write to me about video games I will unsubscribe instantly because I have no interest.

If people are not unsubscribing from your list you are not emailing them often enough - every mailing will produce unsubs and that's fine. You should also be working hard to collect leads.

As long as you are gaining more than you are losing your overall position is OK. Then, ask them what they want more of and give it to them.

There are marketers who email their lists twice a day and it works for them.

It depends on the quality of what you send not just the quantity.

All The Best

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:37 pm

I email my subscribers every 4 days. I have some unsubs which usually happen shortly after I have participated in a jv giveaway event. You don't worry about those ones because they are just freebie seekers and would most likely never buy anything anyways.
I would rather have a smaller list of eager buyers than a huge list of non compliants.
I have unsubscribed from some peoples list because they have sent too many emails. I like to be kept informed but I also have things to do and don't have the time to waste reading emails promoting products or services I don't need.

You will find your own pace based on the numbers you start seeing in your email marketing campaigns.
mellymom3

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders