[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Auto responder message formatting? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Auto responder message formatting?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Auto responder message formatting?

Postby RussellWebb » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Wouldn't it be great to have a simple program that automatically formats your responder messages? Maybe it's out there and I don't know it? :roll:

I'm looking at quite a few msgs for my minicourse that need to be re-formatted...

example, it's much easier to read paragraphs that
are shorter like this one. Having no more than 65
characters or so across. Each line with a hard return
takes a lot of time when you have to format a whole
minicourse. Anyone have suggestions on how I can
speed up this whole process?

Can you imagine a simple text editor program doing
this in a matter of minutes? Heck of a good idea...
Maybe it's done?

Then the software can be sold for 9.99, instant download!
Simplify your life with this autoresponderformatterthingy!

Any advice would be helpful!

Russell
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Note tab

Postby Mr_Average » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi Russell,
I use Note tab to write my emails. You can set the characters to what ever you want.

You can even write code on it if you so choose.

and here's the kicker, it's free!
Get it at:

Good Luck,
Keith
Mr_Average

Postby RussellWebb » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Well isn't that a humdinger! :D

It's exactly what I'm looking for... thanks Keith... now where were you last week when I really needed this thing?

It's alright... I can use it on a few more occasions in the near future.

tchau bella!
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:24 am

I use www.formatit.com

Also free
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby RussellWebb » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:48 am

Thanks Maria... that works great too. definitely getting bookmarked...
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi,

Interesting programs that were suggested. I never had a need to...I use GetResponse and its pretty easy to format...

Take care
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby RussellWebb » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:37 pm

The programs have been working... almost. I haven't quite figured it out yet - mainly working with 'fomatit' Sometimes the dang program formats it by skipping lines and doesn't save me any time at all. Other times it works fine. I think when I compose msg in notepad then add it to formatit it (notepad) can't have any wrap around settings enabled or else it doesn't work right - I haven't had much time to fiddle with it.

UPDATE-

OK... I figured out the right sequence here.

Using a text editor like notepad, it's fine to compose your message with word wrap 'enabled' (format tab) mainly because it's much easier to read and view. But before copying and pasting into Format-it, it's best to turn off the word-wrap and return it to the wacky long-line format.

Then copy paste into format-it... works perfect. Then of course, it gets pasted into Aweber. Sounds like work? It is.

Microsoft Word users can compose the doc, spell check etc..., then it's still best to pop it into a text editor to remove MS code, then paste into fomat-it.

Aweber does feature a built in formatting scheme (70 character margin), but it often gets messy when you're trying to make it look neat using your -hard returns- in the formatting process. I give credit to Aweber for offering the formatting features - either way you go, it still needs to go through the processes, whether you do it in Aweber or not.
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders