[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Autoresponder • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Autoresponder

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Alessia » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:42 pm

Alessia

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alessia » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Hello Lynn, I don't know if we are allowed to post affiliate links on this forum or not but just in case the answer is no I will give you the URL's without affiliate extension.

Quicktell can be found at and
QT pro can be found at .

Both offer free trials which is a good way to see the difference between them. Having used both I will say that Quicktell can seem overwhelming at first because it has hundreds of features, many of which even the experienced autoresponder user will not have come across. Being in black and white the interface is rather bland compared with QT pro's which is very modern and colorful. I prefer the pro version because of the easy to use interface and some of the very neat gadgets built into it.

There's some very exciting new features being completed at the moment. I am told that they should be released this week. What they are I haven't been told but Adrian, the owner, says we will be very pleased with them. When they have been released do you want me to come back and update you?
Alessia

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Sure, that would be great!

... and I dont mind affiliate links, used within informative posts made by active members. Its fairly easy to tell whether someone intends to be helpful, or if they are blatantly advertising ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alessia » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Alessia

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:54 am

Since I am no longer with Parabots I felt I should edit this, I too am with aweber I have been for a year now and really like the system. :) Thanks

Michelle
Last edited by uniquelyyours on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uniquelyyours

Autoresponder

Postby AaronC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:39 pm

If you have a host with PHP I've coded a free (GPL) autoresponder system called Infinite Responder. It's pretty good and I'm always adding new features.

AaronC

Postby Mike Merz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:16 pm

I've trialed QuickTell, ProAutoresponder, and GetResponse in the past, and (taking into consideration that I didn't have access to all the features) I admit ... they're all feature rich, quality services ....

But I stand by AWeber for the simple fact that most of the successful Online businessmen, and women, I know count on them to run an important part of their business ... and have done so for years.

You could pose options and features up the wazoo from a number of quality services ... but when it comes down to it, the results are the bottom line.

I pay $17.95 a month (3 month plan discount) to AWeber ... and as long as Tom keeps doing what he's doing, I'll remain a customer.

ARP is probably the best on server solution I've tested, but if your list grows to the size we all hope it will ;), the strain on your server (and potential of your domain winding up on a spam list) grows along with it.

Regards,

Mike "individual results may vary" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:45 pm

CorpRebel

deliverability

Postby oyvind » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am

oyvind

Postby Li Weng » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm using Getresponse, and it has worked fine for me. The only autoresponders I'd really use are Aweber and Getreponse, simply because they're the top ones, very reliable and high in deliverability. Top level marketers use them.
Li Weng

Re: Autoresponder

Postby RyanSPrice » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi there,

I have used a couple of autoresponders in the past but am sticking with Aweber now.

Here are my reasons:

- ease of use and heaps of instructions and help
- the best tracking on delivery, open and link clicking
- reliable broadcast email feature
- easily create html and backup text emails
- instant and prompt delivery (some other autoresponders I have had to wait hours to receive the first message!)
- the best double-opt-in customization
- They have great support and help and will actually call YOU if they have a problem fixing something (what other company would do this!)
- best delivery rate in the industry
- all of the top people and companies are using Aweber!

I think Aweber is the dominant force when it comes to autoresponders

My 2 cents!
RyanSPrice

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Since this thread started waaaay back in 2004, I've since changed from running ARP+ (Autoresponse Plus) on my own servers to using & .

Why do I have both? Don't ask! :lol:

But these two are the ONLY autoresponder services that I would recommend. I'll let THEM do the dirty work of getting my emails delivered.

8)
CorpRebel

Previous

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders