This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Autoresponder

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Alessia » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:42 pm

I also used Quicktell for a while, a little over 2 years to be precise. I was very pleased with the service and support given. They have features that I have never seen on other services and I don't think that any other service has something Quicktell hasn't already got. But I upgraded to their QT pro service last year because it's much faster than Quicktell, easier to use, and still gets mail through to Hotmail, Yahoo, and AOL. :D

Quicktell and QT pro cost more than some autoresponders but I think you get what you pay for. They tell you that you can send up to 600,000 mails each month and can buy more if you need it. Get Response tell you nothing and make you think you will have it all for under $18 but once you have paid, then, and only then will they tell you that it costs an extra $30 a month to send up to 10,000 mails a day. Pro Autoresponder are also good for the price but they limit you to importing 5000 leads a month which I could not work with. QT pro lets you import up to 20,000 leads a day. Big difference!
Alessia

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:03 pm

Hello Alessia & Welcome to the SSWT Forum :D

Great information & review... do you have a link for those that would like to check it out?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alessia » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Hello Lynn, I don't know if we are allowed to post affiliate links on this forum or not but just in case the answer is no I will give you the URL's without affiliate extension.

Quicktell can be found at http://www.quicktell.net and
QT pro can be found at http://www.qt-pro.com.

Both offer free trials which is a good way to see the difference between them. Having used both I will say that Quicktell can seem overwhelming at first because it has hundreds of features, many of which even the experienced autoresponder user will not have come across. Being in black and white the interface is rather bland compared with QT pro's which is very modern and colorful. I prefer the pro version because of the easy to use interface and some of the very neat gadgets built into it.

There's some very exciting new features being completed at the moment. I am told that they should be released this week. What they are I haven't been told but Adrian, the owner, says we will be very pleased with them. When they have been released do you want me to come back and update you?
Alessia

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Sure, that would be great!

... and I dont mind affiliate links, used within informative posts made by active members. Its fairly easy to tell whether someone intends to be helpful, or if they are blatantly advertising ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alessia » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:11 pm

Sorry for the delay in reply Lynne, they only just released their new options today so I didn't know until now.

They have added a rather fancy HTML editor into the message editing area. I say fancy because it seems to have everything that good WYSIWYG editors like Front Page have, and more. One thing I like is that you can make your HTML message as if you were typing out a regular rich text email and then click on a button that converts it into fully formatted plain text. This is so that the mail goes out in both formats and only displays the one the recipient's mail program is configured to read.

There's a neat tracking option which tracks click-thrus telling you lots of details about the person who clicked on the link. I suppose that other services have that but what's nice here is you don't have to paste in any links. All you do is check a box to activate tracking and all URL's pr mail links found in the message are automatically converted to a mini URL like those supplied by tinyurl.com and shorturl.com which don't look anything like tracking links, except that they are!

Their Flash cards can now be personalized using merge tokens. This is something some of us have been asking for because when you send someone a birthday card it looks much better if the name and signature are in the card itself rather than only on the envelope. I know that sounds odd but QT pro's system makes all kinds of greeting cards as Flash animated movies that arrive looking like an airmail envelope. Clicking on the envelope's flap opens the card which plays music along with its animated slides.

They have made some modifications to their web form creator also. It was always very good anyway but now they are making a concentrated effort to make it do things that nobody else has ever thought of. Speaking with Alex in support he was very enthusiastic about what was in the pipeline but I couldn't get him to tell me more. Seems it's all top secret! :wink:

I know they have been working on an ad tracking feature that they claimed will make Clickalyzer and Hypertracker look like kids toys and Adrian let us see screenshots of it working in his test account but we weren't privy to any more than that. Then about 3 hours ago I saw the button for it in my control panel and there it was! I thought it was amazing but as soon as it had appeared it disappeared. That's why I spoke to Alex who told me it was a mistake and it was not supposed to be released publicly yet as they have not completed the instructions for it.

There were other things but they would only interest QT pro users. I don''t think they are worth mentioning here.

Oh, while I'm here, do you know what has happened to Quickresponder? I was told they aren't answering support mails but when I went to their site it appears to have gone. Maybe they haven't renewed their domain name?

Alessia
Alessia

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:54 am

Since I am no longer with Parabots I felt I should edit this, I too am with aweber I have been for a year now and really like the system. :) Thanks

Michelle
Last edited by uniquelyyours on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uniquelyyours

Autoresponder

Postby AaronC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:39 pm

If you have a host with PHP I've coded a free (GPL) autoresponder system called Infinite Responder. It's pretty good and I'm always adding new features.

http://infinite.ibasics.biz
AaronC

Postby Mike Merz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:16 pm

I've trialed QuickTell, ProAutoresponder, and GetResponse in the past, and (taking into consideration that I didn't have access to all the features) I admit ... they're all feature rich, quality services ....

But I stand by AWeber for the simple fact that most of the successful Online businessmen, and women, I know count on them to run an important part of their business ... and have done so for years.

You could pose options and features up the wazoo from a number of quality services ... but when it comes down to it, the results are the bottom line.

I pay $17.95 a month (3 month plan discount) to AWeber ... and as long as Tom keeps doing what he's doing, I'll remain a customer.

ARP is probably the best on server solution I've tested, but if your list grows to the size we all hope it will ;), the strain on your server (and potential of your domain winding up on a spam list) grows along with it.

Regards,

Mike "individual results may vary" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:45 pm

Mike Merz wrote:I've trialed QuickTell, ProAutoresponder, and GetResponse in the past, and (taking into consideration that I didn't have access to all the features) I admit ... they're all feature rich, quality services ....

But I stand by AWeber for the simple fact that most of the successful Online businessmen, and women, I know count on them to run an important part of their business ... and have done so for years.

You could pose options and features up the wazoo from a number of quality services ... but when it comes down to it, the results are the bottom line.

I pay $17.95 a month (3 month plan discount) to AWeber ... and as long as Tom keeps doing what he's doing, I'll remain a customer.

ARP is probably the best on server solution I've tested, but if your list grows to the size we all hope it will ;), the strain on your server (and potential of your domain winding up on a spam list) grows along with it.

Regards,

Mike "individual results may vary" Merz

Hey Mike!

GREAT points on ARs! :wink:

As you know, I've been using ARP (Autoresponse Plus) for my list management the past several months. I LOVE it! BUT ... recently I have been re-thinking my "list management" methods due to the very factors you have just pointed out.

Like you, I have tried out several AR services like ProAutoResponder, GetResponse, EmailAces and Aweber. If I had not decided at the time to go with ARP (script) on my website I would have gone with Aweber. AND it still will be MY choice if I decide to revert back to a third-party AR service.

My 3 cents ...

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

deliverability

Postby oyvind » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am

hello, does anyone know how the different autoresponder come out
in terms of deliverability if you compare quicktell with aweber or emailaces etc. what autoresponder is the best?
:?:
oyvind

Postby Li Weng » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm using Getresponse, and it has worked fine for me. The only autoresponders I'd really use are Aweber and Getreponse, simply because they're the top ones, very reliable and high in deliverability. Top level marketers use them.
Li Weng

Re: Autoresponder

Postby RyanSPrice » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi there,

I have used a couple of autoresponders in the past but am sticking with Aweber now.

Here are my reasons:

- ease of use and heaps of instructions and help
- the best tracking on delivery, open and link clicking
- reliable broadcast email feature
- easily create html and backup text emails
- instant and prompt delivery (some other autoresponders I have had to wait hours to receive the first message!)
- the best double-opt-in customization
- They have great support and help and will actually call YOU if they have a problem fixing something (what other company would do this!)
- best delivery rate in the industry
- all of the top people and companies are using Aweber!

I think Aweber is the dominant force when it comes to autoresponders

My 2 cents!
RyanSPrice

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Since this thread started waaaay back in 2004, I've since changed from running ARP+ (Autoresponse Plus) on my own servers to using Aweber & GetResponse.

Why do I have both? Don't ask! :lol:

But these two are the ONLY autoresponder services that I would recommend. I'll let THEM do the dirty work of getting my emails delivered.

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Previous

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders