This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Autoresponder

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:20 am

Hi there, Can anyone tell me what the best Autoresponder is that will send messages to Hotmail accounts,The people at hotmail delete the message on their server before it goes the users account. This is something new as of December. Hotmail is trying to clean up their act. lol
thxs Neil... :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:42 am

I was having that problem with Yahoo accounts (and I have A LOT of Yahoo subscribers :shock: ) - - so I recently made the switch to AWeber. This was recommended to me by Mike Merz (I said, "Mike - Help :!: " - he said "AWeber - its what all the big guys use"... 'nuff said ;) ).

It's 19.95/month - which, yes, I balked at to begin with (considering I had been using a free script). But I have to say, its been worth every penny. You have extensive tracking capabilities, everything completely automated of course, and my emails actually make it to their destination now. I'm able to tell where subscribers come from - specifically (not only which site, but which page on that site!), how many emails were delivered, how many undeliverable - you can even track how many of your emails were *opened* and which links were clicked on... Good stuff ;)

They do have a free trial if you want to test it out:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/aweber.htm
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:28 pm

Hi Lynn thanks for the reply,i am glad that its not just me who gets this problem,also i,m a get believer that you get what you pay for in terms of products,and free Autoresponders do leave you wondering am i really getting any sort of service ?? So say you pay 19.95 for your Autoresponder,you might sell 2 more products a week because of the better service hence getting back some if not all of your money ,depending on the price of the items you seel of course ..but you see my point i hope lol Neil :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:32 pm

You bet I see your point! ;)

I saw a dramatic difference in the response of my list - starting with the very first issue I sent through AWeber. I feel like this is for two reasons, the first being that they are getting it for a change (LOL)... the 2nd being that I feel so much more 'in tune' with them all and have made adjustments to my newsletter in light of all of the new information I have access to.

For example, knowing which page consistently converts visitors to subscribers tells me what those people are interested in - - and I found out that one page that converts super-well was on a topic I rarely mention in the newsletter.

Obviously, the more data you have about your subscribers, the better relationships you can build with them.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:41 am

Hi Lyn thxs again for the reply,what i want to really know is do they send to hotmail accounts ? or have you hotmail account holders on your list of subscribers that you send too ? ...Neil..
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:28 am

I do have hotmail email addresses in my database. I think the best thing to do would be to use the 'Test Drive' trial that AWeber offers, and attempt to send out a mailing to your own hotmail account - to test it and make sure it works for you. It seems to be working great for me, but I hate to 'promise' you something I am not 100% sure on - I dont know what the criteria are exactly for hotmail's filters.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:34 pm

Hi Lynn,, Yeah very wise words,i will give it a try ,and see how it goes,but i do know someone else who uses them,and like you they highly rate them ..thanks again for your great replies Neil.... :)
jamjar

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:41 pm

You're welcome.

Let me know how it works out for you :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Autoresponder

Postby jamjar » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:15 am

Lynn,you will be first to know how i get on ... :wink:
jamjar

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:33 pm

I use Getresponse for my autoresponders. I just did a check and see hotmail email addresses in my database. Getresponse offers free autoresponders with an option to ugrade to more features.

If you would like try them out visit
http://www.getresponse.com/index/49750

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby Sandra » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:49 pm

For example, knowing which page consistently converts visitors to subscribers tells me what those people are interested in - - and I found out that one page that converts super-well was on a topic I rarely mention in the newsletter.

Lynn,

Were you able to find this out with AWeber?

Thanks
Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:12 pm

sandra wrote:

Lynn,

Were you able to find this out with AWeber?

Thanks
Sandra

Hi Sandra :D

Yes, AWeber sends me a confirmation email for every new subscriber which tells me, among other things, which page of which site they signed up on (or which link). Its very easy to set up - you simply add something to either the form or the link that you provide and this tracks the subscribers that sign up through that form or link.

For example, if you look at my Ryze Profile - http://www.ryze.com/go/WebServiceNetwork - and hold your mouse over the link to subscribe, you'll see that it says: mailto:sswt.ryze@aweber.com . Using this method, its very easy to track where your subscribers are coming from. You can easily set up a specific link to use at each email discussion group, forum or message board, web site or even each web page, etc.

In addition to showing me this information in each confirmation email, they are grouped in my AWeber Stats for a quick view as well.

If you publish in HTML, you can also track how many people actually opened your email... and you can track which links were clicked on within your email (& # of times, of course). I've been really pleased with their service so far!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:18 am

Lynn Terry wrote:Hi Sandra :D

Yes, AWeber sends me a confirmation email for every new subscriber which tells me, among other things, which page of which site they signed up on (or which link). Its very easy to set up - you simply add something to either the form or the link that you provide and this tracks the subscribers that sign up through that form or link.

For example, if you look at my Ryze Profile - http://www.ryze.com/go/WebServiceNetwork - and hold your mouse over the link to subscribe, you'll see that it says: mailto:sswt.ryze@aweber.com . Using this method, its very easy to track where your subscribers are coming from. You can easily set up a specific link to use at each email discussion group, forum or message board, web site or even each web page, etc.

In addition to showing me this information in each confirmation email, they are grouped in my AWeber Stats for a quick view as well.

Hi Lynn,

That's a pretty slick tracking technique. Never really thought about that. Aweber is the only other full service third party AR I feel good about recommending. While GetResponse isn't too shabby, I think Aweber is the better deal. So you DID good! :wink:

I'll have to see how I need to set up similar tracking with AutoResponse Plus (script based) I'm using. I REALLY like ARPlus for it's flexibility, but I can see the allure of something taken care of by someone else.

Thanks for bringing up tracking the subscribers idea! Something to consider ...

To YOUR Continued Online Success!

Rick Wilson aka Corprebel 8)
CorpRebel

Pro Autoreponder

Postby JaGjg » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:06 am

Pro autoresponder works pretty well for me.

You can add as many different AR series as you want and unlimited messages.

I've used it for 2 years and it has been pretty good so far.
JaGjg

Autoresponders

Postby PattyGale » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:15 pm

I have used Get Response, one I can't remember the name and currently use Quicktell.

The free versions of Get Response all contain an advertisement in each message that you cannot control. The paid version works o.k., but their admin site was confusing to me. Sometimes, I felt like I was going around in a circle in trying to find certain items. You can create webforms, but there isn't much flexibility in the amount of info you want to collect from your subscribers.

I have been using Quicktell since about the end of '03 and so far, so good. It is more expensive than Aweber, but you get totally unlimited autoresponders (with the Advanced version) with unlimited messages in each. You have lots of options for double-opt in, tracking, webforms, attachments, etc.

You can also choose a function where it will send you a report to let you know where each subscriber is (regarding messages) along the series. So, far I've been very pleased.

I get a message every single time someone subscribes.. I get their ISP, date, time, and the exact page where they signed up on from my website.

Patty
PattyGale

Next

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders