[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Fastest way to build a real list? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Fastest way to build a real list?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Fastest way to build a real list?

Postby JordanLH » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:17 pm

Hello,

I know that many people are focusing or building lists.
I just wanted to know what you personally find most effective?

Especially unique methods that you use.

I'm trying to find new stuff to add to my videos to make them extremely comprehensive, and any new ideas would be great.

Thanks so much. :)

Jordan
JordanLH

Postby Jeff Casmer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:19 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby Mohamad Zaki Hussein » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:35 am

Hi Jordan,

The fastest way that I've found so far is to participate or organize a cross-promotion event, like the giveaway JV out there.

I never organized one in the IM niche, only participate in some of them, and it can give you like 200-700 subscribers in a couple of weeks, depending on how good the event is.

For example, in the last 117ChristmasGifts (organized by Henry Gold and Reed Floren), I got about 700. Actually, my autoresponder said I got 615 subscribers, but I think the tracker is not accurate, since I also saw an unusual inflow of "no referrer" subscribers to my list.

I think my result is not so good there, maybe because I was giving an old gift. My friend got about 1900 subscribers even though her listing in the giveaway was below mine. She's giving an in-demand gift at that time, i.e. an article submitter.

Now after experiencing those giveaways in the IM niche, I tried similar method (but with far smaller scale) in the health and fitness niche. There are only 7 partners involved here, all of them are marketers who are also experts in their niche (fitness expert, trainer, etc.), most of them only have small list like 500 or 1000.

The event run in a week and the result is 267 subscribers. Actually, about 397 people signing up there (this may not be an accurate stat, because if memory serves, I also tested the opt-in form, so that probably got recorded also in the stat), but most of them do not re-confirm (I use double opt-in) and 6 of them already unsubscribed.

Well, I think that's it for now and I hope that helps.

Regards,
Zaki
Last edited by Mohamad Zaki Hussein on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mohamad Zaki Hussein

Postby calvinchin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:52 am

Hi Jordon,

Joint Venture is definitely an easy and faster way to get highly
responsive targeted list. :wink:

The other way is to do a "Thank You" page co-reg.... meaning to
show signup info on other marketers subscription thank you page, and
you show theirs.

Hope it helps. :wink:
calvinchin

Postby annalaurabrown » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:39 pm

I have found that the best way to build a large list is to offer something for free and then to advertise your list in all of the email list directories online. You can do a google search in order to find them.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi,

Your correct. The first thing I did was submit my ezine to every directory I could when I first started and its been bringing me traffic for years...

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby skyjoe76 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:01 pm

I started to give away free ebook 2 days ago. Probably it take some time for the list to build up.
skyjoe76

Postby JackieC » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:44 pm

JackieC

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:42 am

skyjoe76

Postby ReviewFire » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:51 am

ReviewFire

Postby kidino » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:39 am

kidino
Elite Member

Re: Fastest way to build a real list?

Postby Warren Contreras » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:44 am

Warren Contreras

Postby woellner » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:07 pm

woellner

Postby trafficwave » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:24 am

The key for me has been to offer a compelling reason for subscribers to join my list.

This could be a free report, a free download, etc... No matter how you slice it, "free" is still a very powerful word in the world of copy.

Whatever method you are using to get people to your site, be sure you have a conveniently located subscription form to make it easy for visitors to subscribe.

JV's work great as some have stated here already.
Personally, I find that PPC and keyword based advertising gives me the best conversion rate but I keep as many avenues and channels open as I possibly can.
trafficwave

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:50 am

Which are the ezine directories you submitted to?
skyjoe76

Next

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders