[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Best time to send out your newsletter • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Best time to send out your newsletter

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Best time to send out your newsletter

Postby scott » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:08 am

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that there is a preferred day of the week and time to mail out your newsletter.

Is this true?

If so what day and time????

thanks!

Scott
scott

Postby alice » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:29 pm

alice

Postby americanwahm » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:18 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby scott » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:23 pm

scott

an article

Postby stratola » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:34 pm

I sent out a newsletter last month about this, on Thanksgiving day (to prove my point that you shouldn't send out your ezine on a holday ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American subscribers... if you didn't get
the irony between this and the subject line, read it again, think for a
second and repeat. :-)

Sending out a newsletter is a crucial component of your Un-Marketing plan to
stay in front of you market with quality information. However, if you don't
send it out at the right time, you open rates (the amount of people that
look at it) dramatically decrease.

Who is your target? Are they businesses that look at their email during the
day? Or people at home who open it on evenings and weekends? The last thing
you want to do is to be sending your email before or after their day, which
puts you between hundreds of sp*am messages. You want to time it to arrive
during the time they are potentially on their computer.

What about time zones? If the majority of your market is in North America,
right now (3pm EST) is one of the best times. people on the West Coast are
in the middle of their day, and the farthest East are still at work. That's
why I send mine at this time.

As the subject line says though, you've got to watch for holidays and long
weekends. I'm sending this on Thanksgiving because I really enjoy the irony
and the topical-ness of it :-) And hopefully the subject line might still
make people open it, if inly to say "This moron says we shouldn't do it, yet
he did on one of the biggest holidays of the year!" ;-) (don't deny it,
you're as addicted as me and are checking your email right now)

There are some great articles on this subject as well:

- Clickz.com: Arrival Time and Response Rate Decline http://tinyurl.com/jri6

- Brand Republic - Email marketing - Thursday's email works hard for a
living http://tinyurl.com/wteq

- Ezine-Tips.com - Sending Schedules: Is Early Morning Best?
http://tinyurl.com/wtf1

- More general article on frequency, but as always with Alexandria's
articles, pure quality: The Sticky Issue of E-zine Schedules
http://www.ezinequeen.com/schedules.htm

Please pass this article on to those who you would think might enjoy it.
stratola

Postby scott » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:39 pm

Thank you Scott,

I enjoyed your article. Now I just have to track down those links!

A good point that has been brought up is where is your audience when you send it out. I think I still need to determine that. My thinking is evening is the best time because they'll be on their PCs after dinner.

After all, my people are looking for another hobby or skill to improve on.

Your right, I'm addicted to email and I'm not looking for a cure!!!

Scott
scott

Postby stratola » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:43 pm

The problem with sending it out in the evening window, people are on for such a short period of time, and you're wroking with 3 or 4 time zones in NA alone.........
stratola

Postby scott » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:46 pm

Scott,

Your right, I understand what you are saying. You have to time it just right. If I send it out at 5:00 EST that's 2:00 PST. Both audiences will see it when they get home. Isn't the real object to time it so they are at their PC when the mail comes in?

As always,

Thank you
scott

Postby stratola » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:54 pm

Yes, that's what you want... but what I'm saying is it's NOT good if you send it out at 2pm PST, if they don't read it until 5 or 6pm... why?

Because anything that has been sent from the time they logged off the night before (say 10pm PST) until the next evening when they come back on at 6pm will be all in one big messy spam download, including your newsletter..

If you were going to aim, aim for the ones that read it at work, during the day, and try 3pm EST...
stratola

Postby scott » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:00 pm

Thanks Scott,

I'll give that a shot!!!

Your the man!!!

Scott
scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:33 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:13 pm

scott