[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What's the going rate for newsletter advertising • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What's the going rate for newsletter advertising

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What's the going rate for newsletter advertising

Postby scott » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:35 pm

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:25 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby scott » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:28 pm

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:41 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:50 pm

scott

Good question

Postby stratola » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:02 pm

stratola

Postby scott » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:09 pm

Scott,

Welcome to the boards! You'll soon find out if you haven't already that Lynn runs a terrific site and is always willing help. The same goes for the people here. They are top notch!!!

You cleared some things up for me Thank you!!

What is the best way to approach a website to have an article published?

Thanks for the note.

Scott
scott

Postby stratola » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:16 pm

Oh, don't worry, I'm well aware of Lynn and this board, and many other of the "nut-cases" that come on here :lol:

The best approach is...to..... approach!! :-) Just do it... but be courteous and specific, for example:

The way NOT to do it

"Dear Webmaster:

I wrote this article that I've attached and I think you should publish it, it's awesome!.

Me"

The way you SHOULD do it:

"Dear Scott,

I have been reading over your site, which I've really enjoyed, and realized that I have an article that would be perfectly suited for your audience. I could send it over for you if you'd like, it's called "How to catch a bucketmouth with the Banjo Minnow", just let me know.

I appreciate your time.

Sincerely,

Me"

Case in point:

I had someone email yesterday saying they would like to do a "JV" with me (meaning I have all the subscribers, he wants to sell them his product...) and the product had nothing to do with the them of my newsletter...

bye-bye
stratola

Postby scott » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:20 pm

Thanks Scott.

Very well put.

You've caught a bucketmouth with a banjo minnow before!!! Can I have your autograph?!?! ha ha

I understand exactly what your saying.

Thank you again for your time.

Scott
scott

Re: ...

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:23 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby stratola » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:27 pm

Hi Lynn!

I meant nutcases in the nicest way :oops:

I was actually putting together a list of online boards and Rick Wilson mentioned this one... I don't know why it wasn't on my original list!!!

It's there now :-) If you can think of any I've left off, Id appreciate it (no-spam, active message boards... the list will soon have descriptions and ratings for each)
stratola

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:26 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby alice » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm

alice

Postby Abbey » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:08 pm

Abbey

Next

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders