[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - putting ezine on website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

putting ezine on website

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

putting ezine on website

Postby Abbey » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:18 pm

Abbey

Postby James Mann » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:09 pm

James Mann

Postby Abbey » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:18 pm

Abbey

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:00 pm

Hello Abbey :D

Archiving your newsletter issues online is a great idea! This will allow you to attract new website visitors & subscribers through the search engines, and is also a great service to your current subscribers - if they dont receive your newsletter for some reason (filters, accidentally delete, etc) they can always catch up online... or go back to past issues for a resource they decided later they were interested in... or for a new subscriber to browse through and 'catch up'

You can click here to see an example of how I have mine:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/articles.htm

Formatting - paste the text from your newsletter into your HTML template and set the font & size... take out any unneccessary line breaks, double check your hyper links, etc.

As for the search engines, there are a few key things you can do to help each of your archive pages get indexed. First, create one page to list all of your archived issues. Link to each of those issues using "link text" (see example at link above) - best to use keywords, which you can research using the free trial at . Then on each of your archive pages, put the same keywords in your title bar. You can also use keywords in the file name of each webpage (domain.com/keyword-for-archives/keyword-for-webpage.html), though I havent taken the time to do that myself.

Above all, make it user-friendly. Add a search box (a piece of advice I need to take!). Make it easy to find issues by date as well as by topic. Be sure to include subscribe link/form on each archive page, as well as site navigation (considering a visitor may enter your site on that page from a search engine - so make sure they are able to identify your purpose, what you offer) Etc.

More Newsletter Publishing & Promotion Tips:
http://www.WebServiceNetwork.com/newsle ... motion.htm

Hope that helps ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby robert adams » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:24 pm

Lots of really great advice guys, now if I could just figure out what to write about. :cry:

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Abbey » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:28 am

Yes Lynn - helps a TON!

Thank you! After looking at james and yours, I understand better and noted how to do it, what to call, etc.

I also appreciate the tip on the 'search box' - great idea.

I really need to learn how to build webpages properly -time to finally start reading about website building (have so many ebooks got for free in my files, that never got around to reading)

So, in essence I have one page that is archives, and then I build a separate page for each newsletter issue and use the archives page to offer just the links. That is exactly how I wanted to do it!

You and James both helped a lot on this topic. My deal is I am still learning about title lines and headings and mega tags, etc. so I have a feeling my keywords won't be as optimized strategically as I would hope, but I can always modify this as I learn.

Now Lynn, I noticed that you have '2 file names' for your main archives page
sswt.com/articles is what I clicked on,
but when I got to the page,
the browser bar changed to sswt.com/public-domain-archives/articles-about-marketing.html

I am presuming you did that for SE/keyword optimization - but HOW did you do that?

If it is too complicated of an explaination, don't bother - I am good just to be able to get a web page going with this stuff!

Thanks so much guys!

It is so incredible to have a question answered so specifically and so quickly by participating in this forum. I really hope to one day repay each and every one of you with tremendous tips and help!

Abbey 8)
Abbey

Postby robert adams » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:56 am

Abbey, you've already got the right idea. Look at what other people are doing
and learn from that.
Looking at the way Lynn structures her website is a good start. You can also look at the source of web pages (right click and view source) to see how people do their meta tags, titles, etc.

Html is not difficult. I could code a pretty simple page by hand, but I choose not to. I use NS Composer to do the basic layouts for tables and such. Then I go in with 1st page 2000 and tweak the code to get it just right.

Do yourself a favor and don't let anyone talk you into using Front Page or Word or any other MS product to create web pages. They are complicated and quite often put out terrible code that only works in IE.

If you create web pages that are simple and the navigation is easy to figure out, then just upload them with a normal FTP program to your server, you will have very few problems.

Didn't mean to write a book here,

luck,
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Abbey » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:08 am

Thanks for the tips Robert - noting them all. Great to have you jump in and share your wisdom!

Yes, I have heard the nightmares of WORD, FRONTPAGE, etc. I wouldn't dream of using them.

I at this point am doing the good ole fashion 'free' method with ACE HTML and am happy with that for now.

What is the NS Composer you mention and as well, that 1st page 2000?

Can you provide links or explain a bit more of what each does? Never heard of them.

Thanks!

Actually - what are you doing up?
Get off and get some sleep!

I know I will be in about 5 minutes (well, logging off, still have some reading to make headway into)

Okay if don't reply till tomorrow

Thanks again Robert
Luck = Learning Under Controlled Knowledge (Anthony Robbins)

Abbey 8)
Abbey

Postby robert adams » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:33 am

NS Composer is Netscape composer, comes with Netscape. it is very easy to use not html needed, produces pretty clean code.

1st page 2000 is not really WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) like
composer or Front page, but it is very ieasy to use. It has lots of buttons and tabs and inserts for the tags, etc. and you can see your changes in real time without having to open the browser. it creates plain html with no bloat.

hope these help, by the way, I like just about anything Tony robbins has to say. And i am off to bed.
nitey nite,

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:34 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Abbey » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:24 pm

Abbey

Postby Abbey » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:25 pm

Abbey

The easy way