[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My first newsletter • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My first newsletter

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

My first newsletter

Postby scott » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:36 pm

scott

Postby Chrissie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:51 am

Hi Scott,

I am fairly new to all this stuff myself, fun learning and frustrating sometimes too :wink:

What are you using to send out your newsletter? I personally use bravenet and it has an option to preview by emailing it to yourself before you actually send it out.

Not much help am I :roll:
Chrissie

Postby Kevin Robb » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:40 am

Kevin Robb

Postby scott » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:52 am

scott

Re: My first newsletter

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:11 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby teapotdee » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:44 am

I know there are lots of good newsletter programs out there.

I don't use any. I have a dinosaur mail system on my server
and I use that.

I figure this way, whatever I send out will get through anything
it meets at the other end.

(Of course, my idea of a good time is to hike the Appalachian trail,
so I can see my methods not attracting everybody :wink: )

Here are some nifty tricks if your newsletter is plain text ( and you
should always make plain text versions available even if most
of your subscribers get html):

>>>>><>Title Here<><<<<<<<
...............month here..................

or:

~*~*~*~*Title Here*~*~*~*~*~
...............month here..................

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
CONTENTS

1. FIRST ARTICLE
2. SECOND ARTICLE
3. ETC
4. ETC
5. ETC

1. FIRST ARTICLE

use a "bar" made of symbols like the one below to
separate your articles and keep the number & title
of each article consistent so a person can "scan" quickly
down the text to find the one they want

2. SECOND ARTICLE

Play with whatever email program you use to find out
how to make sure a "plain text" article will come out
with a narrow (63-character) line so that people don't
have to scroll sideways when they read.

Once you know how your progam produces what you
want, you will be able to produce a good-looking
newsletter quickly.

3. THIRD ARTICLE

Mail the first copy to yourself before sending it out
so that you can be sure the receiver is getting what
you intended to send.

4. FOURTH ARTICLE

Keep your articles short, 200 words tops, and don't
try to pack too many into one newsletter.

5. FIFTH ARTICLE

Once you have got your newsletter looking good, you
can save it and simply paste over the titles and text
with new material each time you send out a new issue.
teapotdee

Postby teapotdee » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:47 am

BTW if you are sending out fishing tips, subscribe me! :wink:
teapotdee

Postby teapotdee » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:54 am

teapotdee

Postby teapotdee » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:55 am

Oooops....

teapotdee

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:27 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin